Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 3 August 2011

WOYWW What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 113

Well, my desk is in its usual mess for this week's blog hop-- for those of you who like to learn and have fun at the same time, do pop over to our dear hostesses'  blog and desk, Julia at Stamping Ground!

The first card shows two of the new goodies from Fat Cats Card Corner – Spellbinder Lattice Rectangles and Nellie Snellen Square Stitch Multiframe dies – wow! I love Nellie Snellen dies; just wish they had one size bigger, as they only seem to go to small sizes for small cards. I loved the combo with the lattice dies too. Also used on the card is the Unity Stamp called Itty Bitties - Beauty.

 On my desk you can see my bakers twine from Jo - and dear, kind Jo also sent a lovely little bookmark tag. My first lot of baker's twine, I have not seen it here so will be fun to play. The UK Craft Stamper mag. is from equally kind Lisa. What a buzz it was to have it posted all the way over here! Smiled all day! Thanks Lisa - when I saw the words "Bless You" (top right) on the front cover I felt like yelling it from the rooftop! I sent up a prayer of blessing instead and for other givers from WOYWW, too. Even a welcome comment below is free to give and a blessing too! :D
See how generous WOYWW friends are? There were stamps from Ros in Oz last week... howzat? There are two cards below made with the stamp on the front of Lisa's magasine.
As promised last week I would show the cards I had started on last week's blog.

My second card is one of my favourite mediums: the brayer and Stampscapes stamps. I have done this card before, you can find the recipe on this post here. I also used a new folder - the Tim Holtz Dot matrix embossing folder and have used it debossed here, I am really going to love this folder! Used Nesties, labels 4 in black and small oval in blue for computer generated greeting.

My friend loves mauve - or purple! so for her birthday card a brayer card is made on glossy cardstock (Kromecote is best), using the lovely Spellbinder Lattice Rectangles. 

I love this die set. I think they are very versatile and used the brayer and some discontinued Elusive Images Meadow stamp set bought on eBay.Then I made two more cards using the brayer stamped insert - the Doodle stamp from Lisa's Craft Stamper.

 When she generously offered to send me one (after I made a comment on Elizabeth's blog), I thought at first she was sending one of her old ones. Then she told me it was a current one. This card has the daisy Cuttlebug folder - distressed on white core card, and the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch (courtesy of Trish of My Daily Dose Blogspot who kindly came and did some punching here one day with me - what fun!).
The next card has the same centre - using the Riveria Kaleidocolor Ink Pad.

Also used the Nellie Snellen Square Stitch Multiframe dies, the Marianne Small Butterfly die,  and  K Kingdom Leaves and Butterflies Embossing Folder.

 Happy WOYWW everyone and may God bless your day wherever you may be!

Shaz in Oz.x

 PS. Does anyone know if you can buy a tan mat bigger than 5 x 7? This is the size of mine and all the ones which I have seen for sale. If so, what size is it please? Thanks everyone. 

PPS. thanks for all your tips have really helped and found one thanks - but not sure may try some other rubber mats just in case! For those who dont know what tan mat dont mean heat one - I mean an embossing one for machine.. sorry for mix-up..BIG thanks! x

42 comments:

Neil said...

Hi there, it's funny to see your post now when it is still Tuesday here in the UK! Your desk looks great and your cards too. You have been busy! I you want I can send you a Craft Stamper mag (an earlier one) as I have a spare. Just email me your mailing details. If you are talking about the tan embossing mat I am sure I saw a bigger size at The Craft Barn this weekend.
Have a glorious week down under, you'll have to wait for my post until later........
Bless you

fairy thoughts said...

my you have been busy this week. great cards as usual.The craft stamper stamp is lovely, i have not used mine yet but i think i will now. This is really weird 'coz it's not wednesday yet....well not in the uk yet. i will have to wait until after work tomorrow or to you today!
thanks for sharing
janet

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You made some gorgeous cards. I like them all. I have no idea about a tan mat, since I don't have any of those fancy machines (grin).

sandra de said...

You have been a busy bee creating all those gorgeous cards. WOYWW's are amazingly generous and nice to see you have received some lovely goodies.

Kath Stewart said...

lots of gorgeousness to see here...thanks for the crafty snoop...hugs kath xxx

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous cards... and a fabby desktop too... There's a giveaway on my desk today ;O))

ScrappnBee said...

You have definately been busy! Love all these cards and the use of all the frames! You are truely a talented cardmaker. Thanks for sharing your WOYWW! -Amanda

Neet said...

Hi Shaz - what do you mean by a tan mat? Straight away I think of thin rubber from Spellbinders but then I wonder if you mean the craft sheet like Tim Holtz uses. If it is the latter I have a spare you are welcome to - and its bigger. Just shout - you have my email addie.
Thanks so much for sharing those lovely cards - Hugs, Neet #5

Helen said...

Gosh you have been busy - I love the Stampscapes card, must use mine more.... have a good day.

famfa said...

Lots to look at on your desk. Love that daisy.

JoZart Designs said...

Wow! wonderful post with so many lovely cards and great to see the gifted treats. You deserve them!
Re your..? Stampboard is an art surface made by Ampersand Art Supply and should be easily available to you. It has a fine clay coating which colours/stamps well with dyes/inks and the clay surface can be etched to expose the white as contrast. Both decoratively or to contour your design. If you don't like what you do, it can be sanded back ready to start again.
Love JoZarty x

AerynK Designs said...

I really like the embossing on your cards.

Dragon said...

How busy are you... such lovely cards... lovin the punched ribbon... have a grdat week
Frankie
xx

nerllybird said...

What beautiful cards - your brayering is excellent!
Helen S

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

What a beautiful and generous gift. :) Lucky you! Love all the new cards. The border is fantastic.

Glenda said...

Wow girlfriend, you have been quite busy! Love the baker's twine on your desk and your cards are gorgeous as always! Have a fun Wednesday!

Belinda Basson said...

I can ask a local supplier here who sells embossing mats and plates as a set, she seems to cut it to size, so may be she gets it in a roll? What size do you need? Great selection of cards for us to see today! Thanks and happy WOYWW!

Spyder said...

I love your cards, actually I love your pictures, it must be the stones, they just bring out something different! Busy busy this week! Have a great crafty day! happy WOYWW
(Lyn)

lisa said...

Hi Shaz
So sorry I didn't get round to you last week, not enough hours in the day at the minute with my daughter being off school. We are trying to cram so many things into the day that blogging usually ends up at the bottom of the list.
I'm so glad you are still enjoying your Craft Stamper. It was a pleasure to send it especially when I know you've had so much pleasure from it and the cards you've made with that gorgeous free stamp are just beautiful. You've used my favourite colours on them too.
My twine from Jo arrived today too, what a star she is. It's so exciting receiving packagaes isn't it? I love it and use it a lot although it is only just becoming widely available over here now.
I have a huge tan mat (although it's black really) as my Hubby aquired for me from work, they use something very similar to the ones you can buy and it does all the same jobs excpet it's not heatproof but I've got round that by putting a cork mat underneath so I'm a lucky girl. I do know you can buy bigger ones although I'm not sure what sizes.
Hope the weather is being kind to you over there and you have a lovely week.
Blimey, I've gone on a bit today!!!
Hugs Lisax

angelfish said...

A lovely selection of cards this week:) The tan mat I have was A4 size and I cut it in half as I need two in the Bigshot.

Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous mess! Love your makes. Thanks for the look-see! Kim

Angie said...

They are ALL absoluely gorgeous ... I think a tan mat and a rubber silicone mat do the same job ...have a browse 'cos I am sure I saw one of those 12x 12 or A4. Good luck

Lisa said...

Gorgeous cards!! its a fab mag isn't it! next one is out soon!!!

Thanks for sharing
:-D
Lisa
#59

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, love those multiframe dies. I have been looking at them lately, considering the purchase. I am convinced now, thanks,lol. Re the tan mat, try this link:http://www.thecraftbarn.co.uk/section.php/601/1/embossing-mats-for-die-cut-machines- its the craft barn mentioned by Neil, and there is indeed a larger mat. I did read on Splitcoast Stampers forum about people using silicone baking sheets as a substitute-, oh an also some sort of plumbers( I think) silicone mat was mentioned too. maybe worth a try. Have a great day, Shaz xx

Sparkly Engineer said...

Beautiful cards indeed. I love Craft STamper and will have to subscribe to it soon as it is hard to find here in Missouri.

Hettie said...

You have done a wonderful job with that teeny stamp. Maybe a small project with the brayer would be good for me to start with. This weekend I will give it a go and show you next week!! Howzat!!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, beautiful gifts and beautiful cards too. That wee stamp has turned out a treat - will have to get mine out and do something with it. You have some lovely embossing folders which you've made good use of for your cards. I've got the same size tan mat as yours but I'm sure that I've seen a bigger one made by the same company - I'll do a bit of research and see if I can find it again. Elizabeth x #73

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, I've found one measuring described as the Maxi which might just be what you are looking for, it's certainly bigger than mine - it measures 19x15cm and is the same size as the Cuttlebug cutting mat. Let me know if it is what you had in mind as I can easily get a hold of one for you. Elizabeth x

Serendipity Stamping said...

Your cards are lovely and you have been a lucky recepient of so many generous items set to you.#92

okienurse said...

gorgeous cards you have there! Love all the different styles. re the tan mat. I think Spellbinders sells them for their Excalibur machines. Have a great week. Vickie

peggy aplSEEDS said...

wow, so many lovely projects on your desk this week. the lattice dies are beautiful and really add something to a card. thanks for sharing! happy WOYWW!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

Sarn said...

Hi Shaz

Great looking desk and fab cards. I've also made a card with that cover stamp - but I like the way you've used it more!

Isn't blogland wonderful - new friendships and lots of generosity.

Hugs, Sandra

Morti said...

Lovely cards as always, Shaz! I love the rowing man one...

Thanks for stopping by!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Beautiful cards, Shaz - don't know which one is my favourite, they're all so pretty :) Thank you for your birthday wishes, I have had a fab week with my brothers first, then Julia and Co. 50 ain't so bad.... !! :D xx

Sally said...

Shaz, it's a pleasure to snoop around your desk as always! I love your cards they're so beautiful and inspiring. Lovely pressies you've had and I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with them :)
*hugs* Sal x
ps. don't forget to get your comment on my thank you/candy post x

Yogi said...

thanks for the peeks. Lovely cards. You look like you've been having fun creating.
Have a great day.

The Crafty Elf said...

Every week I see cards and techniques on your blog that just blow my mind. I really like that MS Doily Lace Punch, the embossing folders and just the way you've made your cards is stunning. When my life slows down I'm going to try some new things - that's for sure. I'm not in a rut, I'm just not getting the time to spend right now. I really enjoy stopping by each week and being so inspired. :D

lisa said...

Hi Shaz
I got the wrong end of the stick didn't I. Didn't realise you meant an embossing mat!!!!! Glad you got one sorted though.
People are so generous around Blogland aren't they. How lovely to have some more CS on their way to you. Neil is on my Stampman DT and is lovely.
Sorry about my lack of blogging, will be back soon.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Lisax

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Love looking at your desk Shaz - always so many great things to look at it and not a mess like mine. I have had a big clean up these past few days as I have been working in an ever-diminishing space on my desk and I was getting annoyed. I don't know why I don't just put things away after I use them!! Love all these cards and I always love your stones background that you photograph your cards on.

{{hugs}} and blessings
Jocelyn

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz!!! I love them all but am really in love with the Stampscapes one! (Gee, I wonder why!)
Ethyl MAY be home in the next few days following another surgery. I'll be drawing the candy tomorrow night and there's lots added to it!
Thanks for everything and I hope you win!!
Hugs,
Sheree

Kezzy said...

Fantastic cards, i forget that were lucky in the uk to be able to have a craft stamper subscription. Loving your desk and everything on it. Kezzy x

Simple homemade living said...

Wow your desk is busy.

your cards are gorgeous.

laura #59 x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...