Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 21 March 2012

WOYWW, Australiana and Nellie Snellen die...

Hullo there everyone - well here is another WOYWW and sorry for being absent  on and off and it is going to be that way till June - sorry for that. You see, for April and May I am very busy with several lots of family, visitors, etc and while I really enjoy it, any time near a computer will be practically nil. So madly scheduling posts to cover my responsibilities for that period. Any posts will be scheduled and mainly DT work - yes that is my big news in case you missed it.
I am now on DT and see post below for details. And see a favourite card of mine (which was working on some weeks back but never showed you) below or just scroll down it is the post below this one!.

If time permits for you do take a peek at BRAND new Cardmaking Online blog - especially if you like some stunning European style cards the one today is a stunner - here it is!
The DT was to start earlier ie in Jan, 2012 but because it is such a brand new Aussie DT things take longer than thought ( we all know about that).
 First to my desk here you can see I am about to tackle a 3D work for a frame -  as it is an iris I wonder if you can guess my friends name? The 3D was too large  scanned it and print it at about 80%. At centre back of desk is pile of DT cards which will be posted over weeks to come as I am allowed. and dad's card is on top and his pressie next to it - his birthday today and coming over for arvo tea. :D
 If I am efficient might post finished 3D with a verse next to it for my friend (she does not read blogs so totally safe) next week, God willing, and show the finished item!

Phew, that would be good. Am making another gift too but cannot show it, as the person reads my blog sometimes.
First apart from my desk have few new things to show you, this below is an Australian citrus "Citrus australasica ". Or as we know them a finger lime and this variety is called Pink Ice - wow! is it one awesome explosion of flavour in your mouth!
The little tiny bubbles you can see -  do just that as you eat it - explode individually and you get a real shot of citrus tang of sweet lime/lemon flavour - this is courtesy of the lady at our markets the other day! They are so great I could eat a whole one just like that. There are seeds and thought might read up and see how long it takes for them to grow and produce fruit - I was that impressed!

Our dwarf Coral tree is flowering beautifully (or see here Erythrina) - note ours is dwarf and is about 5 foot and is pruned hard every late autumn, the birds just love it especially the lorikeets (see here for how cheeky the can be!) but I'm never out there to catch them for photos.
The flowers are really huge for the size of the tree, and they produce nice large seed pods to match. Re. Brenda's comment below - it is deciduous, and makes big mess when loses the leaves!
 A card is peeking out on my desk (not that you could tell) is the Nellie Snellen Square Stitched die  - I  have decided to use it in a totally different manner on this card.
Here is a simple computer generated greeting on white card. It is then embossed with the tan mat (instead of cutting it) with the smallest die in the square and sponge dabbed Lavender ink. I will explain method more on later post as it too long for now, and have done it on another card too.
 Please dont forget to hope over to Julia's super blog to join in the worldwide exploration of WOYWW(what is on your workdesk Wednesday)..and want apologise in advance, as my visiting to blogs is going to be limited but will do my very best.
.
Thanks for stopping everyone for a peek and chat and may God bless your day wherever you may be.
Shaz in oz.x

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see you again Shaz, it's great to be busy but sometimes it all comes at once! Love your desk, so much going on and a great card at the bottom, but what intrigues me is that fruit you've shown, what I wouldn't give for a taste of one of those! Have a wonderful day, don't do too much! And congrats again on the DT position.

Hugs
Brenda 2

RosA said...

Hi Shaz,
Well, the important thing here (for me), was the finger limes! Have wondered about those so thanks for the explanation and I will look for them at our local growers' market. (But maybe we are too far south?) Congrats on the DT. (I was on one once, but it sort of didn't work out well.) RosA#25

May said...

Wow!! Those finger fruits sound lovely! I have never heard of them before, Congrats on your DT post whoo-hoo well done!! I have not got any Nellie Snellen dies I have some marianne ones and they are fab,Have a great week, Hugs May x x x No9

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW. Love that citrus that I've never heard of before. have a great WOYWW from #7.

Unknown said...

Hi Shaz, that fruit sounds good. I have never seen one before. Just wish I was waking up to your view. I love the beach. Happy WOYWW from Helen ♯35

peggy aplSEEDS said...

congratulations for making it to the DT! how exciting! i am curious about that finger lime. it looks delicious! happy WOYWW and don't worry about not getting to visit. we all go through those times!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Shaz,

That plant sounds very interesting!

Have fun with the company coming and going. I'm a follower so I'll know when you have a new post.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs,
Kay
#15

PS. Your card is still on my mantle. I can't bear to take it down!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh that fruit looks tasty! This is the week for such pretty flowers!

Sara S. said...

That pink finger lime looks intriguing! Your desk looks like fun!

Happy WOYWW!

Sara S. (#27)

okienurse said...

Really busy desk this week Shaz! Love the colors on your square stitched die card. Enjoyed the pictures of the Pink Ice and the Erythrina. Very nice. Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing! Vickie #48

kay said...

congrats on your DT post and at first i thought it was a finger.....lol,me thinks i need new glasses :)
#51

brenda said...

I love seeing pictures of your shrubs Shaz, so many that we never see here in the UK. This one looks very robust even if it is a dwarf variety and looking at the leaves I would guess it's an evergreen.

Great cards BTW.

B x

Neil said...

Thanks for sharing your desk this Wednesday; this may be just a flying visit but my day just doesn't feel right if I don't pop in and say hello to a few people at least, no matter how busy the day is! Congrats on the DT and love the vibrancy of the flowers.
Neil #65(ish)

Bridget Larsen said...

Happy DT work for you, how nice. ooh that fruit looks yummy, never seen one before will have to just lick the screen for taste-a-vision lol
Bridget #64

Helen said...

Congrats on your DT! Sounds like you have some months of being very busy - we'll see you when we can!Helen 21

Victoria said...

So interesting to read about the fruit (am very curious!) and your dwarf Coral tree. I love how you've used the dies to emboss as well as cut on the bottom card. Happy birthday to your dad!

SophieNewton said...

Hello from the UK. Those flowers are stunning. Nothing as exotic in my garden today...just a few daffodils to cheer up the gloomy weather we're having at the moment.
Sophie no.88

Redanne said...

Those finger thingys look interesting! Congratulations on getting on the Design Team. Regards, Anne #66

sandra de said...

Finger limes look amazing and now I will have to search them out at our growers market. Gorgeous cards as we have grown to expect from you Shaz. Have a lovely time with your friends.

Neesie said...

Congratulations Shaz...that's brilliant. You must be thrilled.
It's my first visit here as I'm a newie to WOYWW but I'm amazed at all the talent. I've certainly got a lot to learn.
I'm here in Melbourne but I haven't seen or heard of that fruit. I'll have to find some because it sounds amazing!
Thanks for letting me peek at your desk :D Neesie #37

donnalouiserodgers said...

Hey Shaz, enjoy your family time, the real world is what counts, even though, often, we rely heavily on our virtual friends too,

dx @ 74

Belinda Basson said...

you guys do have some interesting things in your neck of the woods! pink finger lime! Intriguing! Great card too. Will come back for the method on this later...

Karen said...

The finger lime looks amazing!!!! The same as your card, lovely combination of white and lilac colouring (or is it pink?). Looks lilac on my PC. Have fun with WOYWW. Karen 112 x

shazsilverwolf said...

Those limes look awesome- I love tangy stuff, can't bear most fruit as its too sweet for me. Happy WOYWW, hugs, Shaz #108

Sarn said...

HAPPY WOYWW Shaz
Hugs, Sarn x (No. 63 ish)

CraftygasheadZo said...

What great pics! Thanks for sharing for this WOYWW, let's start the snooping & take care. Zo xx 22

Craftychris said...

The card is so pretty and the finger lime looks yummy. Make sure you take time to relax during your busy schedule! xx

SandeeNC said...

Glad the 'pink ice' tastes good cause it looks weird! lol Those Lorikeets are beautiful, took a peek at that post, would love to have birds like that around here! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Minxy said...

OK so at first glance i thought the fruit was a sausage, but reading your description makes me wanna try one, it's sounds yummy.
Happy Woyww'ing
Minxy #23

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely post, Shaz - love the finger lime and flower. Wish we had smell and taste access on t'Internet too!
Enjoy the time with your folks :)
HUgs, LLJ #68 xx

Shoshi said...

Lovely post, Shaz - that fruit looks most intriguing and delicious, and I love the coral plant too! Nice card too!

Hope you enjoy having all your visitors. I'm not always faithful about being here every single week either - too busy or too tired, or Blogger playing up beyond endurance, the usual stuff lol!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #14

Julia Dunnit said...

Really thrilled that the DT has opened for business! And the card is just sublime. I never considered a 'Eorpean' style of card, but I guess we are all influenced by our surroundings! Flexibility is the joy of WOYWW,as long as you enjoy your visitors and other commitments, the blog will be here when you need online time!!
Those flowers are incredible, totally crazy! Love the idea of a sweet lime/lemon fruit. As we have to import our citrus to make up for our climate, I'm goign to doubt it'll be happening here soon!

Neet said...

Gosh Shaz, you were busy with this blog entry - lots of loveliness to see. That fruit is intriguing! Love that dwarf Coral tree - what gorgeous flowers.
Lovely cards as always so looking forward to seeing your DT work when it comes online.
Not a clue on your friend's name but I love your little friends who seem to be helping you with your artwork.
Sorry I am so late in posting but I had one or two computer bloopers to sort out yesterday.
Hugs, and thanks for commenting on my blog.
Neet xx #4

fairyrocks said...

Terrific peeps, love that your little stuffies are helping on your desk, I could never do that, wouldn't want to spray someone in the eyes....
Gorgeous flowering bush, thanks for sharing. Keep smiling and creating

Hettie said...

Wow what a stunning looking fruit! I go crazy over Dragon Fruit which I first tried in Vietnam. We can now sometimes get them in the UK but they tasted better over there and they were bigger. Would love to try one of those you have there.
Congratulations on your DT! Look forward to seeing what you do. That plant is beautiful! As I am 5'2" does that mean I am a dwarf too?!!
Hugs
xxx

Morti said...

Whoo - congrats on the DT membership! It's always lovely to have your work acknowledged in such a positive way.

Love the photos on your blog this week, and the finger lime sounds interesting!

Morti #124

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, love your irises, a quintessentially British flower, unlike your Coral tree, the flower of which is stunning. I'd like to taste a sweet lemon/lime flavour but I doubt we will ever see those fruits in our shops anytime soon. Take care and enjoy your visitors. Elizabeth x #73

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

When I saw your sheet of Irises, I went through all my decoupage sheets. I am sure I have it somewhere but I can't find it at the moment, which is not surprising. I love what you have done with it. Thank you for sharing your flora a fauna photos with us. That fingerlime sounds incredible, but it does seem they are not easy to grow. So good luck with your quest. Have a good week. xx Maggie #5

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

I tried to germinate seed of Erythirna but failed....or I think one germinated but didn't last long! Too cold here in UK

Spyder said...

Lovely pictures and Monkey looks so busy painting, couldn't comment last week, and then forgot to come back. Happy ((Late)) last weeks woyww
(Lyn)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...