Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Monday 25 June 2012

Teabag Folding Music Cardlayer - Cardmaking Online DT Project

Hullo there everyone, let me share with you some new teabag folding cards made for Cardmaking Online Blog - it would be lovely if you would also kindly take the time to pop over to our blog - or even stop and say hi! :D {actually if you do go over would you please let me know if they have word verification on p;ease as Sandra from Stamping with Pleasure said they did and would like to know, as its not on when I comment - thanks!}
 These make really good male cards, which are not always easy to decide on.

 1. The tea bag folding papers have two sizes in the squares. Take eight small ones of the Golden Music teabag  folder paper, carefully cut eight small squares and fold in the traditional star pattern (see here for a good guide). 
2. Paste it all together in the layer pattern you would like best. There are four star patterns formed with this particular folding paper. Each view is different - I liked this one best.  I use glue stick with tea bag folding, as find this least messy.
3. Cut a circle from co-ordinating colour scrap card to match the size of the teabag with Nestabilities Classic Scallop Circle Small S4-125 . Then cut a black scallop with corresponding size die with Nestabilities Classic Scallop Circle Small S4-125,  and emboss both of these with the tan mat  and embossing machine.
4. Mount teabag on top of circle with double sided (DST) tape.  Add scalloped mount + teabag with DST to cardlayer. Cut brown card to size and adhere to the cardlayer.
5.Use brads at the top to match brown card and a black ribbon at the bottom of the card layer. . Attach black card base to finished top section of card to it. To finish add a gold Happy Birthday peel off greeting to top right corner.
  Items used
.
Also available in this  teabag folding paper is the Music Blues Tea Bag Folding Paper,  and here is another variation with same card design.

  1. Using this time the large teabag pattern on the sheet cut out four squares fold as before in card above. Then  when you come to step 4 of the folding, take it the extra folds as shown bringing the top two triangles in to along in the centre (step 5). Bring the tips down to meet with the top and pinch them open (step 6).
  2. When you have the four completed pieces, paste them to a scrap piece of card. Trim it in the shape of a square so none of the base card is showing (5 x5 cm). Attach a pearl brad to centre.

3.Then take another of the Luxury Card Layer A6 - Ivory Music Notes and spray with a suitable spray.
Used is a blue mist and silver mixed together to get this colour (eg Perfect Pearls Mist - Perfect Pearl and Perfect Pearls Mist - Forever Blue 60ml. 
Allow to dry.

TIP: Then to flatten the card layer after spray has dried, use a DRY (not steam setting) iron, and iron it between two sheets of Non Stick Oven bake paper (not waxed paper) with a standard iron on low temperature. Not many of us have a craft iron, but most of us have the non stick paper in the kitchen, and a regular iron. You need to use it dry though as steam affects it.
4. Then mount the coloured music layer on some deep blue card to match the size of the card you want to make, and also attach to black card base with double sided tape (DST).
 
with permanent black and blue textas (as shown in the post here).  
6.Attach the mounted square teabag with DST to the lower right of the music cardlayer and then add the greeting to the top right at suitable angles.
Added also were some small black rhinestones in the corners of the cardlayer.
And another lovely teabag card is completed.
Items Used:
Thanks so much everyone for stopping by for a peek and a chat...and may God bless your day wherever you may be,
Shaz in Oz.x
PS for those for those of you keen to try this out for your selves this is a really great video here.

10 comments:

Myrna said...

Shaz
Both cards are gorgeous.
Thank you so much for the great tutorial. I love tea bag folding and haven't made a card with one for ages. This might just get my mojo going. It has been missing for most of this season.
Myrna

scrappymo! said...

I must lead a sheltered life...i have never seen this style of folding before and I just love it. Fabulous job!

sharon said...

Shaz, both cards are delightful I really love the blue one it is superb.
hugs
sharon

brenda said...

These are so very eye catching Shaz and thanks so much for taking the time to explain it all.

B x

Victoria said...

It's been a long time since I've done any tea bag folding so this might give me a kick in that direction!! The musical notes card is very luxurious!

Glenda said...

Your tutorial is very clear and easy to follow on this fold! Beautiful cards too. I have done this fold, but it has been awhile. You have made me want to revisit it!

Carol Willis said...

Fabulous cards Shaz, I've never tried tea-bag folding, but might have to give it a go.
Hugs
Caz x

Hettie said...

Gorgeous cards there Shaz. Not seen much tea bag folding and you have given brilliant instructions. I might get the papers I have out now for t-bags!
xx

Neet said...

I might even have to try teabag folding following your layout Shaz as these are gorgeous. Especially love the bottom one.
I do like the squares with the music.

You know, I think I might be able to follow your diagrams for that folding. off to the link now.

Hugs, Neet xx

Jools said...

Hi Shaz, love these cards with the tea bag folding, I've not done it before but it's very effective, might give it a bash. I'll pop over to the blog too. Jools. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...