Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 4 July 2012

WOYWW and le Tour de France, of course!

Hi there everyone well how are things with you? well I hope! I am enjoying our lovely winter sunshine over here!  And here is my workdesk or workplace - one of the major ones for the present:
Okay you say, what is it with a big almost empty room?? table in front centre was culled from a house down road, moving and put it on their lawn. Bed that was in here has gone to a worthy recipient - been waiting for ages to find one, then for said person to come fetch it as we dont have a trailer.

 SO HERE IS the very beginning of craft room - all cleared to one side.... it will take shape over weeks as arthritic hands + time allow. Waited this long and can wait bit longer. Empty bookcase right was in the lounge room, and re-organised contents. To left are craft things in one corner. Two rooms are being re-organised at present, this and another bedroom. The other has computer, will set it up wirelessly and move it in, too. 

Also here is our winter cactus too - zygocactus variety no idea which sort, simply one I have not managed to kill! But the flower is as bright and as cheerful as this picture shows - just love it.
© A.S.O.
“Grand Départ” of the 2012 Tour de France at  the Province of Liège, Belgium.
Another big time eater for next three weeks is Le Tour - for those of you who dont know I am keen follower of Le Tour de France - see here and pickie of my brother on it here last year .
It starts at 10pm here.
Last night Stage 3 was incredibly exciting, with loads of horrid crashes and other dramas at the end, so you really were kept guessing as to how it would end. It finished about 1.30am or so.
Thus I am rather out of whack and time poor in first half of day. I wont make it around to many blogs, so many apologies because of all that is going on any blogging is going to be minimal (except for DT post).

No more time here, must fly - but do rush over to the best exploring and learning blog hop around at Julia's  - the Queen of WOYWW for What Is On Your Workdesk Wednesday!
Oh and before I go, a special welcome to my latest Wonderful Encourager - Amanda of WOYWW - thanks so much Amanda and do pop over to her wonderful blog too! :D

Happy WOYWW everyone and thanks so very very much for popping over for a peek and a chat. May God bless your day wherever you may be!
Shaz in Oz.x

30 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats on getting a crafty room all to yourself, I am sure you will wonder how you managed without one within a week. Good luck with the decorating. Hugs, Amanda *56

Neil said...

Hi there. Nice to pop in and see your creative world this week. I won't stay long; don't want to give you my cold! You've got enough to deal with without that! Enjoy your new crafting space, I look forward to seeing it develop! Hope you have a good creative week though.
Neil # 33

KatzElbows said...

What fun to be able to create a whole room for crafting. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

cheers, rachel #53

Franka Benjaminsen said...

It's wonderful to have a craft room for yourself. And the best part is... you don't have to clean it every evening, even when you're not finished with a project. Look forward to see your room finished. Have a creative week. xFranka

Neet said...

What a lovely cheerful, light and airy room Shaz - that is going to be perfect.
No kidding - I have a plant exactly like that but mine flowers around Christmas. Fab colour isn't it?
You take care and don't overdo things. Will be writing to you later as things to tell.
Love
Neet xxx

lisa said...

How exciting to be getting a whole crafty room, Shaz. You'll have such fun creating it and getting it all organised, it's almost as much fun as crafting itself!!
Love your Christmas cactus. It always amazes me that you can grow them outside. Mine sits sadly on a table in the front room and flowers in October usually!!
Enjoy the Tour De France and Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #91

Anne said...

So nice to know what is happening on the other side of the world, and to told what is happening in our own country! The French are cycle crazy and cyclists take over on Sundays, bank hoidays etc. They have basically the right of way on roads and if you knock a cyclist down,you are in deep trouble, even if it wasn't your fault! Not a tour de France fan myslef...shall we swap countries for a while! Christmas cacti or Schlumbergera. Yours is possibly Sch.truncata. For England, place plant outside in summer in dappled light. Feed weekly bring indoors as summer ends or if it is too wet.In Autumn, place outside for 4-5 evenings when temp. is 7-8c. They will produce lots of flowers throughout the winter months.

Victoria said...

Oh fantastic! I can't wait to see how you set up your very own crafting space! Happy WOYWW!
Victoria #94

Lindsay Weirich said...

your room is going to be so pretty! I love the purple carpet and wallpaper! Happy woyww!
Lindsay #18

Unknown said...

Hi Shaz looking forward to seeing your new crafting space. Pinterest is another great place (besides here) to look for fab storage ideas. Enjoy your busy week WOYWW Hugs Helen 64

Twiglet said...

Good luck with your craft room - it will be lovely when its finished I am sure. Little owl is on my blog today so check him out. Not done anymore dumflings yet but will do once Maxine brings my dumfing machine back next week. x Jo

Glenda said...

This is going to be a wonderful space with lots of light coming through. You will enjoy it so much! Happy WOYWW!
glenda 100

Helen said...

The room will be great - hope you can get it how you want soon. the Tour de France is one sport I don't follow, though it's good to see GB has some decent cyclists in it these days!!! Helen, 12

Eliza said...

Isn't it great when you have a personal involvement in the action, is your brother participating this year too? You relax and enjoy every second of the tour and try not cringe at those nasty accidents.

Nice clean and getting organized crafting space have fun doing what you want. It will be extra special when completed.

Hugs Eliza #22

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, your new craft room is going to be fabulous once it's completed. It's Wimbledon that is creating the distraction for me over here ... the EM and I are willing Andy Murray on through the quarter-final today :) Happy WOYWW, Elizabeth x #85

MrsC.x said...

love that wallpaper!! enjoy the tour de france
TFS Happy WOYWW xx Charlie.xx #72

SandeeNC said...

I took a peek into your brother's blog too from the race, wow, wonderful pictures, and what an experience too! Love the start of your craft room! yay! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina with a hot dog in one hand and a flag in the other! :) #37

Anne said...

Lucky you getting a whole Craft Room to play in, have fun setting it all up. Glad u have some lovely winter sunshine - we are not getting any summer sunshine here. Happy WOYWW Anne x

okienurse said...

Way to go getting your craft room set up. I think every serious crafter needs a place to set it up and leave it. Enjoy le Tour de France. Vickie @ 36

Joyce across the Pond said...

Been there done that LOL!!! Know exactly what you are going through...will take an age to decide where things will go....I'm still deciding!!
It's great you've got the bed away..and purloined a table!
Well, Elizabeth got her wish - I didn't think Andy would make it but have to say he played well. Tour de France - Jonathan a BIG fan - hightlights will do me.
Too bad I've so little time to watch anything at the moment. Take care!

Sandy said...

Oh a lovely beginnings of a craft room what fun. Sandy :) #44

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Vive Le Tour!! I enjoy it too and cheering them on. How do they climb those mountains????
That room will be wonderful when you've finished with it. Light and bright. Have fun organising it!
Hugs, lLJ #60 xx

Bridget Larsen said...

love that empty room and the wallpaper. That is a cactus? Its beautiful, I thought it was a fuschia. Is your brother riding this year?
Bridget #6

Craftychris said...

Your craft room is going to be fab when it is finished, it is so pretty! Your winter cactus is gorgeous - such a lovely colour. I am rubbish with house plants - they never survive when I look after them. I am looking forward to seeing your finished room xx

Anonymous said...

Shaz, how brilliant to be finally getting your own crafty space! It doesn't matter how you set it up now, it will evolve a bit anyway as you move in and start working in it. Lovely flower, my winter cactus's have flowered intermittently all year so far, lots of new leaves at the moment. Enjoy watching the tour, lots of sports on tv right now, Olympics won't be long, let's hope it finally stops raining in the UK!

Hugs
Brenda 7

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Shaz,

Now I'm REALLY embarrassed by my desk this week!

I was out celebrating my Independence yesterday so am visiting posts today.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs,
Kay #27

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting your crafting room. I am in Austria and tomorrow evening we have to stay over in Germany due to the tour de France. We should have been staying in France.
Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting.
Carol

scrappymo! said...

En joy the Tour de France and enjoy your new room. It is going to be very pretty!

Morti said...

Ooh - interesting things going on Chez Shaz! Your Christmas Cactus is looking lovely, by the way...

Thanks for stopping by.

Sarah C. said...

Lovely craft room, Shaz:) I love the wall paper. If I was still in Coffs, I'd give you a hand setting this cosy craft room up:)
Miss you a lot<3
God bless,
Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...