Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 1 August 2012

WOYWW - a W.I.P everyone!

Hullo there everyone and as promised a few weeks back.. I had a craft room to organise - didn't I? You know this is my very first post of my craftroom!
{{ INSERT -a very loud "Woohoo" here!!!!}}
For those of you not in the know - WOYWW is a weekly blog hop - What is On Your Wordesk Wednesday? and here we do a reveal of what we are working on at present - or not! check desks all over the world, (click here) at our brilliant hostess', Julia's blog and see what you may learn and glean. 

Warning picture heavy post..
My room is shown in pictures below and it is still a WIP or Work In Progress.
Distant view of crafty space, the back of **bookcase in foreground to be a display board - has thick card over old spare material form previous curtains. (**Snaffled from lounge room)
This is my crafty desk with a Marianne die and  3D card in process of being made for friend's wedding at weekend. Wallpaper and carpet are from 1974 when house was built and purple was all the rage - another bedroom has burnt orange carpet :D and others have wanted to get rid of it - but I like it! Wait long enough and it is back in fashion...
My WOYWW corner and the supervisors of all crafty activities here. Monkeys being not so naughty at present as there is too much going on!!
Bookcase behind desk, with Cuttlebug etc., the embossing folders, Spellbinders and other dies and black/orange folder has unmounted stamps (see here) which don't come in packs; others are stored below.
Cupboard behind desk and bookcase, and has a cube shelf system.
Inside of cupboard top half, shows my stamp mounted on left (from 1990's when I sorted them this way), unmounted stamps in sets, other items in drawers. Snippets mentioned on previous post are in categories in lower right drawer system, with Ink dusters atop.
This was originally a spice rack my dad made and they no longer wanted it and he asked if would I like it - posted it back here, one of my first WOYWW posts.
Isn't he beautiful? Here is a new little visitor who has just flown in all the way from UK, he s having a rest here before flying off to my sisters just up the road! Jo, she was was over the moon with your stunning creation.
and dear kind Jo sent me two gorgeous poppy dumflings when I only ordered one - isn't she so kind??? One of these was also for my sister Di, who had been very kind for me.

 Please do pop over to the Crafty Sister's blogspot (see my sidebar) and check out these over there. I know Jo had four of these lovely dumflings for sale - and Jo, I will give the other one to my youngest sister....
Thank you Jo, they are VERY stunning. I so adore this felting work you do! It is amazing to think the owl was made out of a piece of Laura Ashley woolen sweater, I think Jo said, and then she felts it and creates!


Oh, I just went to the post - yes it is still morning here (Wed.) and look what the postman brought today.. all the way from South Africa - thank you, Bella! I do so adore TH elephant stamp! It has been on my wish list for a loooong time and I saw it done with shrink plastic like this on Neil's blog some time back and marvelled at it, thanks so much Bella ..
Happy WOYWW everyone and thanks for popping over for a peek and chat and may God bless your day wherever you may be!
Shaz in oz.x
PS any who want a seashore photo fix see post before this - here..

Oh, and you Brits, fab Olympics - am loving them and getting very eye heavy as it is wrong time of day for us - could stay up till 6am each day, that would work - then go to bed!!

34 comments:

Neet said...

Well my dear friend what a post this is. Makes up for all the weeks we have waited to see what you have been doing with this new room. Lovely! I bet you are so delighted and find it so easy to get around in.
Must say I would have snaffled that spice rack too, brilliant way to store those jars and bottles.
It all looks so fab and so light and airy - a joy to work in there I'll bet.
Enjoy! - Love Neet xx 27

Danielle said...

Your room looks amazing! It is very neat and organized. I bet there is Lots of inspiration going on in there. Dani #26

sandra de said...

Your shelving system is so well organised.
Sandra @36

Amanda said...

Wow, gorgeous crafty space, I love the wallpaper and carpet think they give the room a unique feel. I love how you are organising the space, and the gifts at the end are perfect. Hugs, Amanda x

Belinda Basson said...

Wow, your own space to craft! No more dining room table for you! HOOORRRAAAY! I am so glad to see that the ATC finally arrived.

scrappymo! said...

Well, you have been busy, organizing and creating new homes for your treasures. Great use of the spice rack!

Helen said...

WOW! I love your new craft room! You lucky lucky thing.... sure you will create much artistic magic here. Enjoy!
Helen, 24

Anne said...

WOW! Shaz dazzles again! Super craft room...wonderful to see flowery patterns everywhere! I'll have to take a piccy of my room one day! Beautiful poppies too, one of my favourite flowers....what blender pen do you use with your pencils Shaz? I have never heard of using a blender pen, I thought they were for copics etc? You have done a super job with the card....lovely! Bravo! and TFS!

Sandy said...

Oh I just adore your owl, that is just the cutest. Dont you just love the dumflings they are just so clever and such lovely colors. What a clever use of a spice rack. Sandy :) #43

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for sharing your crafty space. Lots of great ideas..and the spice rack, have one I left in the garage when I moved here, but have been thinking of redoing and reusing it. Love the little Owl Jo created and those Dumflings are just a work of art always fun to see the variety they have done. Have a wonderful week was a fun visit. Enjoy

Twiglet said...

So glad the little owl made it!! You have made a lovely display post to show them off and thanks lots for the link to Sisters Crafty Creations. Your room is looking amazing - fun place to craft. Have a great week. x Jo

Glenda said...

What a wonderful space! So many good ideas for me. Thanks so much for sharing!
Glenda 93

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I really like the way you've put a display are on the back of the bookcase in the middle of the room - a fab place to put all your WiPs and ATCs etc - great idea :D
Thanks for the birthday wishes - I have been very spoilt!!
Hugs, LLJ #1 xx

Victoria said...

I love your animal friends surveying your fabulous new craft room!! I bet you are so excited at how it's coming together! The spice rack is a fabulous piece of furniture for all those difficult to store odds and ends. Lovely lovely lovely! Happy WOYWW! Victoria no.71

Unknown said...

Thanks for popping to see me Shaz. You are not by any chance a Donny Osmond fan? I spent some of my teens buying and loving everything purple. Your fabric pin board is a perfect match for your carpet! Wishing you lots of fun in your new space. WOYWW Hugs from Helen 19

Jaki Morris said...

How lovely to have a whole room dedicated to craft!

What a lot of lovlies to look at and I recognise those monkeys! My children have a few of them. My youngest is a monkaholic and has zillions of them

Take care
Jakix #112

Julia Dunnit said...

Where to start? Loving that you're loving our Olympics..it's such fun and the endeavour is well, awesome. For just a mo I thought your spice rack was a fridge door re-invented!! Your room looks great, and curiously like a bedroom we once had.....! Love the hen covering on your work table too, like having company when you craft. Apart from Monkey, of course!!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Shaz,

Thank you for your kind comment. I really appreciate your visit.

I can tell that you use your crafting space very well. I feel the need to organize (again). Funny how that kind of cycles through. Lots of things I'd like to do but I just don't seem to make the time.

The treats you received in the mail are great! Thanks for showing them to us.

Hugs,
Kay #31

nerllybird said...

What lovely stuff on your blog this week - the display board is a great idea, and I love the dumflings, stunning!
Helen S #72

Joyce across the Pond said...

Wonderful to have got so far on with the room...well done! Wish I could get this one finally organised but hey, the Oly's are on....too much badminton to watch.
Your cards are great and so are those seas...oh my - I love watching the waves crashing...we didn't have time to do that on the Antrim coast, anyhow it wasn't windy enough....but remember that COLD - boy it was cold.
Think I'll have to get my skates on as you've already overtaken me in the craft room department!

May said...

Wow Shaz.. your room looks fabulous... so glad you are Enjoying the Olympics... I am lovin every moment of it.... Have a happy week, Hugs May x x x#12

famfa said...

What an amazing post today. Great space to craft in. Very organised.
Lovely ATC's and dumfings. Great work from clever people.
Famfa 33

Craftychris said...

Wow your craft room is amazing! The spice rack is fabulous, so perfect for your bottles and things. I am glad you are enjoying the Olympics. Take care. xx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic room tour Shaz, not so keen on the carpet I have to say but I do really like that wall paper! Have fun sorting out the last details, I'm forever moving stuff around, mainly because I keep on buying things and have to find homes for them!! Loved the beach photos from a couple of posts below.

Hugs
Brenda 3

Sandie said...

Loved seeing your room Shaz, looks well organised and I'd certainly enjoy having a snoop in there! LOL Thanks for sharing with us....x

Catie Cuddles said...

Fab crafty room. I love the wallpaper!

Also what fablittle crafty nits and pieces you have gathered to share.

Thanks very much
Catherine 137

Annie said...

What a fab crafting space you've got over there and I'm so thrilled to see my clever big sister's work on your post too. :-)
Hugs,
A x

Sarah C. said...

Lovely craft room, Shaz! I love it:) Very dainty, colourful, and well-organised:)

love,
Sarah

Sarn said...

Brilliant pictures of your new craft room here Shaz. Fab! LOVING the craft room table covering!!!! LOL!

I wish you many happy and inspirational hours in your new room.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Mrs A. said...

Your work place looks fab after the revamp. Just love that purple flower wallpaper. Would make a stunning card!.
When we moved into our first flat in the early seventies the previous ocupants had decorated all the rooms in either purple/black or solid orange. We redecorated throughout.
The boys are back in rehab for a long long time to come. With the Olympics being on they were allowed out for a treat to watch the opening ceremony on tv. In the local pub!!!!
Heads will roll for that one. Lol.
Hugs mrs a.

Sandy Trefger said...

Very lovely and cheerful workspace you have and very well organized it looks too! Thanks for visiting my WOYWW post last week!
~Sandy
sandy's crafty creations

sharon said...

Shaz, I would love to have a room like you, you are so lucky
hugs sharon

Lindsay Weirich said...

love your craft room! BTW I fixed the video on my blog, thanks for letting me know!

Julie said...

You're craft room looks fab - you have a huge stash, put my two little sets of drawers to shame!!

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...