Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Saturday 20 October 2012

Stampscapes ~ More Lakes for Finland!

Hullo there every one!
Way back here on this WOYWW post - see here, I showed you the beginning of this Stampscapes card ( stamps are - Lakeside Cabin small 147F, Gulls 302A, Reeds 067B)
Sunset is with brayer work and Stampscapes images ~ done with the colours of Adirondack that Sandy Hulsart used on her You-tube video (now deleted), to see how it is done see my video at the bottom of this post.(inks are Purple Twilight, Mountain Rose and Peach Bellini)
Also I showed how made the framed corners, on this WOYWW post HERE, with Fleur De Lis square Spellbinders in black card, cut largest die and then separated into four.
The embossing folder is supposedly called "Ripples" (but not found anywhere online, so no idea really - any ideas out there?).  
{Edit added: -  is called Japanese Scales and based on a typical Japanese pattern - thanks Anne :D, sending big blog hugs, see in comments!}
I bought it on eBay, it was listed as "Ripples". I didn't know it hadn't a cover and thus proper name on it (it had it in tiny print on eBay listing) - I really like to have them. It has Cuttlebug stamped on it, nought else.
Printed the greeting first of all on the computer
I extended the embossing as usual, and double scored at base of embossing. 
Coloured edge of purple card to match with the Purple Twilight, as had none to match it.
I would like to enter it in the following challenges (apart from Di's above):
1. Charisma Cards Challenges  -  Clean and Simple
2. Cards Galore Challenges - Anything Goes!
3. Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Favourite things.
Spending time with family and friends is definitely a favourite thing; to be in this place (see below) was rather a dream. Plus adore this Stampscape image it is favourite stamp as my blog posts show shows!!
This card is a thank you to send to the folks in Finland. My family and I stayed with on a visit there. They're great friends of family and the time chosen to catch up happened to be while I was over.
SOOOO they took me over as a great BIG surprise!
I found out the night before we were to fly out to Helsinki to stay with them on the lake (hence the Lakeside card). We arrived at midnight their time (think it is two or three hours behind UK) and it was like a magic place as there was still snow on the ground in parts. That seemed too incredibly exciting to me! God was very good to me and my family were incredibly kind, as were the folks with whom we stayed!

I will share you a few of the magic shots of God's glorious creation down below, so you can see how beautiful it was - this was mid April and first day was 7C max but second day was 15C, and so lovely!  
They made us so welcome - I loved it.
This was the only fish caught that day, when Rob and Bastion went fishing! they had me tricked - I thought it was a fish till they landed it! yes, the water was still partly icy...but melting.
Some flowers on my walk- aren't they beautiful?? it was spring time :D

Sun setting on the lake, one of the 188,000 in Finland - near  Vihti.
And the night sky!! WOW - I finally saw a decent night sky.
Here in Oz, we are so very blessed to see these awesome starry nights all the time.. so sparkly and bright compared to yours in UK. 
However up to this point had seen some only one night in Manchester - that was in three visits of five weeks per visit!
Such and awesome time - wont say how many photos I took, but show just a few!! my first trip photos, apart from WOYWW ones are over here!!
Thanks so much for popping over for a peek and chat, and may God bless your day wherever you may be!
Shaz in Oz.x 
PS. I want to welcome my latest Wonderful Encourager, Aussie Annie, see her blog here! Annie, thank  YOU so very much for encouraging me and making my day! :D
PPS. Oh and Di, card was made pre-op in case you think these are super quickly recovered eyes :D and post done mostly before too..
To see how I made the background for this card, you can see it here:

21 comments:

Carol Willis said...

Gorgeous card Shaz, love the image and your beautiful blending of the background.
Hugs
Caz x

Di said...

Hi Shaz - wow, this is totally stunning!! Love the background you did with your brayer - still can't get to grips with mine and the link isn't there. I'd hoped for a lesson :( No idea what the embossing folder is but it's beautiful - a fantastic card honey!

To say you're waiting for new glasses it's extra brilliant!

Hugs, Di xx

Sally H said...

wow,wow,wow, Shaz! This is STUNNING! I love the colour combo - will have to try that one. I have been watching Kevin's tutorials on Youtube and it has made me want lots more stampscapes stamps!

Hettie said...

You think you swung in on the gate...I just swung over the fence to get in!! LOL!
Beautiful card there Shaz and love that brayering. Miss brought me a new speedball brayer last week so now I have no excuse for not giving it a go. My brayer has been used for bookmaking so does not pick ink up anymore!
Beautiful photos too. I have a friend in Helsinki and always fancy going!
Hugs
xxx

brenda said...

Your scene looks very ethereal in the soft pinks Shaz, beautiful brayering work.

Finland is beautiful isn't it, we went there about four years ago and the scenery was wonderful.

Hope you are taking care with those eyes and they are well on the mend by now.

B x

Myrna said...

Lovely card.
The pics are wonderful.
Myrna

scrappymo! said...

I think your eyes are feeling stronger each day! This card is ogrgeous...
I loved the story of your family in Finland! Gorgeous photos.

Sarn said...

Absolute BEAUTY of a card. And your scenic pictures are wonderful.

Have a lovely weekend.

Take care Shaz.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

jimlynn said...

This is just beyond beautiful!!! Love the colors and the way you used the die for the corners. Great embossing and oh how I wish I could do the brayer like this!! Simply gorgeous!!
Beautiful photos too!
Lynn

Sandie said...

A really beautiful card Shaz, love it to pieces. AND, your friends will no doubt love it also... how sweet of your family to take you to visit them. Such a nice surprise... hope you're keeping well....x

Unknown said...

Shaz, this is stunning and love the colours. The pics are gorgeous too...great to get your email..luv annie

Anonymous said...

Wow, such an incredible card Shaz, love the whole design. The colours you've chosen are beautiful, TFS.

Hope you feel better soon after your op :)

xxx

Anne said...

Absolutely beautiful card Shaz and so skillfully brayered and made! Bravo! Loved the photos too! The embossing folder is part of one of the two oriental sets by Provocraft. It is called Japanese scales and based on a typical Japanese pattern.I have the other set but one day....:O)

Lindsay Weirich said...

your brayer work came out so smooth, it looks airbrushed!

MaryH said...

Shaz, this is an AWESOME card. I have some of the stampscape stamps, and I knew exactly the Sandy H. video you mentioned. Your take on it was spectacular. Your brayer technique is so good. Love what you did with the S/B die...must remember that one. Just a really lovely card. Also enjoyed all the pics & your trip descriptions. Always lovely to hear about other parts of our world. Sure hope the eyes are still improving daily, and that soon you will be back up to where you need to be. TFS and many Sunday Hugs.

Terry said...

Ohhh this is fabulous, what an amazing card you made, fabulous thank you for sharing your fabulous card with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, wowwzersss fabulous colors too....good luck, hugs terry xxxx

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Love all that texture. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

Craftychris said...

Oh my goodness, this card is so beautiful! That stamp is fabulous. Thank you for sharing the lovely photo's too. I hope your eyes are still recovering well. Take care xx

Glenda said...

The use of color on your card is stunning! Also lovely photos sprinkled all through this post. Have a wonderful day!

Carrie said...

Good work!!

Love all the photos!

Thank you for joining in with us at Charisma this week!

Eileen said...

Hi Shaz .. thanks for dropping by. Good to see your beautiful pictures and hear about your trips... We do not see many starry sky's, as you have noticed! I love going to the highlands of Scotland we get more of a chance up there!

Lovely card I just love this stamp ... I must do more... very attractive indeed Shaz, with super smooth brayering . Take care
Eileen xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...