Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Nativity Silhouette by Cottage Cutz + Snippets

Hullo there everyone!!!
Some time ago new I saw this post on Victoria's blog, called Furry Tale Cards and crafts - the post was on the nativity silhouette.....
As a Christian I simply love nativity scenes, so I asked Victoria for name of die cut (it is by Cottage Cutz). She so very kindly offered to send me some, (a dozen in all! *huge grin*). I was so grateful to her - woo hoo - Happy Mail- gotta love it! 
 As looked at the beauty of die cut, I immediately thought of my brayer snippets drawer and ferreted around and went to town.
the first one I did using a bright brayer piece of gloss card - no idea of colours but love it so going to have to try to replicate. I suspect it is Stampin' Up spots, from early days of brayering? all card added is Snippets too.

This a big shot die cut bought on eBay as dont have it .. The brayered the ink with pigment ink (yes Pigment ink, not dye or Classic ink - you can almost brayer most inks I have found) - Stampin Up Soft Subtles from 2009, sprinkled with iridescent embossing powder and heat embossed. The stitching stands out like that when you brayer them. It sat dormant waiting for this die cut to come along!! The white underneath actually is softly embossed with holly and has been in Snippets for ages too.
Last one is also brayer piece, done in Sandy Hulsart colours, see this post HERE - and then trimmed, mounted on snippet of white embossed in Cuttlebug Snowflake folder, with ribbon and snippet punched greeting I coloured in black for scallop.
I would like to enter these in Stamping for Pleasure - Sarn's Christmas challenge - trying to  do it each month for 2013 - please pop over by 28th this month! also joining in Di's Snippets as well!

Well, thanks so much everyone for popping over for peek and chat.. and may God bless your day wherever you may be.
Shaz in Oz.x
 PS. do peek at this little fellow - a Brambling over at Ann'e blog...


I would also like to enter these cards in:
Penny's Paper - Crafty: Anything  Goes (eight hours!)
Cute Cards Thursdays: Simplfy! (Thursday 28th)
Crafty Hazel Nuts Extra: Anything  Goes Christmas (end of month)
Oldie but a goodie Challenge: Bright Colours (first card - brayered piece is very old.. three years?) - finishes 5.3)
Bearly Mine challenges - Anything goes (5/3)

20 comments:

brenda said...

What delightful and elegant Christmas cards Shaz.

B x

Di said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Shaz - I love the die cutting and of course your brayering is beautiful. Hugs, Di xx

Hazel said...

What a beautiful nativity scene - and what gorgeous cards you've made - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for February - hope to see you again soon. x

Sarn said...

OH YES! These are supberb Shaz. Terrific inky brayering and lots of other little tweaks of embossing and faux stitching. Great job!

Thanks for joining in again.

Nice of Victoria to send the die cuts to you.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Myrna said...

Shaz
Beautiful cards and you do such lovely work.
Myrna

Janine said...

Beautiful cards!!

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Loved it!
Colors are perfect! Thanks for joining CHNC extra challenge this month.

Sally H said...

These are just gorgeous, Shaz! I love the colours - perfect behind that die cut!

Anne said...

So beautiful and I really like all the different styles you have created using the same diecut. Your brayered backgorunds are wonderful and the colours so warm. What a delight these cards are and so kind of your friend to send you some diecuts! Thank you also dear Shaz for the link to my blog....hoping to do WOYWW for the very first time this week! xxx

mags said...

Lovely cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
Mags
x

Kathleen said...

Three fabulous cards, love the image and all the different variations on the card, especially leaning towards the card with the white embossing folder.

Kath x

Jennifer said...

These are so beautiful, Shaz. As always, your brayering is fabulous.

Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty, and good luck in the draw.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Debs Willis said...

Lovely cards, particularly liked the Stampin Up soft subtle colours - very effective

Debs x

Anne said...

I love the way you have made the Christmas cards with the Nativity Die. Anne x

Deb said...

Beautiful cards!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous! The die cut is lovely but the brayer work behind it is superb!

Unknown said...

Lovely cards. Those backgrounds are wonderful.

Laney said...

Beautiful cards and die cut!! thanks for joining us at BMC this time
hugs
laney

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love those colors!

Victoria said...

I am sooooo behind with blog catching-up and you have certainly been busy the last few weeks! Thank you so much for the lovely words - it was no problem to send you the die cuts. And what wonderful cards you've made with them. They just lend themselves to your beautiful brayering. You've made a great headstart on this year's Christmas cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...