Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 26 April 2013

K Kingdom + Marianne Butterflies ~ Snippet Note + Thank You card...

Hullo there everyone!
I saw on Myrna's blog a while ago now some note cards and that set me off - here are hers which were the inspiration, and were made last month. 
I  needed some note cards and thank you cards so they were perfect! Made quite a few thank you cards, plus a birthday card. 
 They were perfect for using up snippets, with the butterflies and the scallop on greetings, with ribbon to match. 
The folder is Leaves and Butterfly K Kingdom folder also used here and brayer with the Marianne dies of the small butterflies.
 
My first post after cataract surgery on Monday 22nd, so I want to let kind folk who were thinking and praying for me that things are proceeding just as they ought. if I take it slow ans steady :D all goes well. 
Still cant read close up well but suspect that wont happen till can go for new glasses four weeks after surgery, so towards end of May. Computer magnifier is a treat!
Thanks so much everyone for popping over for a peek and chat, and may God bless your day wherever you may be,
Shaz in Oz.x

12 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Shaz

I am pleased your cataract surgery went as planned .. .. my friend had hers done a few months ago and she can't believe the difference it has made.

Loving your gorgeous cards .. .. and the amazing backdrop you have given them. Great use of your snippets.

Love Jules xx

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Beautiful cards,
hugs Tamara

sharon said...

Hi Shaz,
Pleased to hear that all is going well, my husband had both of his eyes done and it made a big difference, mind you before the op he couldn't even see the TV.
You cards are lovely.
I have added you to my side bar so now I can keep a better eye on your blog.
Take care
hugs
sharon

Juls said...

Fab card! great use of snippits!! Love your embossing! Hugs Juls

Sarn said...

Very pretty embossed cards here Shaz. Hope all goes well following your surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Anne said...

hello the cards are lovely. So pleased your surgery went well. Hugs Anne x

Betsy said...

I've been keeping you in prayer Shaz and I'm so happy to hear that you're doing well. Have patience, you will have eyes like an eagle soon. :-)
The butterfly cards are amazingly beautiful. I think I need to learn to do some of this paper craft. These cards are my absolute favorite that I've seen on your page. I think it's the simplicity. Beautiful.
Take care and rest and recover.
Blessings,
Betsy

Myrna said...

Oh Shaz what gorgeous little "snippet" cards. I love your background as well.
So glad the surgery went well. You will have a new lease on life when you get your reading glasses.
Thank you so much for the mention.
Now I think I better do a few more with a few more folders I have.
Myrna

Myrna said...

P.S.
I finally got your blog on my list so now I can see when you post right away. Boy am I ever technically challenged!!! Took me awhile to figure that out.
lol
Myrna

Di said...

Really lovely note cards Shaz - and the best bit is that you're recovering well after the cataract op. Brilliant news! Hugs, Di xx

Neet said...

So glad it went well Shaz. Am surprised you were blogging so soon so that is a really good sign. Tell you what, those cards are flippin' gorgeous. I really like them, so classy. Might just have to make something similar (hope you don't mind)

Lots of Love to you
Neet xx

scrappymo! said...

Fabulous snippet card...love that embossed background!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...