Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 8 December 2013

Poem ~ What if there was NO Christmas? + Memory Box Card


Hullo there everyone! well on the homeward run here - or hope to be as far as the card writing goes.. I had not time to post them but here are few had done to share.
Each year also write a poem to include on the inside of the cards I make, and this years is below .. and if you have need of it use it by all means. Had meant to publish it a month ago but some people are slow!! this is how it is in the card - but different font. 
And the angel said unto them,  
“Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
Luke 2.10-11

What if there was NO Christmas?

What if there was no Christmas star
To guide those wise men from afar?
What if there were no angels to sing
And announce the birth of a newborn King?

What if no shepherds wonderingly did come
To worship at the Birth of God’s only Son?
No straw-filled manger in which Mary laid,
The LORD Jesus, her newborn babe.

But the LORD Jesus did not stay as God above,
He chose a manger & cross to show His great love.
In Jesus’ coming, the JOYful promise of sins forgiven;
For by our faith in Him, we have a home in heaven.

S.L.G 11.11.13

Truly how empty our world would be without the coming of our LORD Jesus Christ. Our calendar year is told from His birth, so much would change if Jesus was not born as the babe in the manger.
But most of all, His coming meant there was a Way of Salvation, through faith in His death upon the cross, we have the certainty of a home in heaven (for further details see here)
Here are some of my cards for 2013; made over 70 and gave some away as a pre-Christmas gift. These were made with snippets as is the one below. I start after Christmas, late Dec. - Jan. as we have summer holidays here and try to make about a third of them then. I really enjoy them.
These were made from a set of "Pass It On" cards (come in sets of 25 bought over here in Oz) with verse 
"the Father sent His Son to be the Saviour of the world" 
Used varying folders and adornments on them.
 
This card is made with a memory box decoration die, and also the embossing under the ribbon is from Sizzix Embossing Folders - Christmas Set #6, EK Arrow border punch. The verse embossed in gold EP is from Our daily Bread.
Many thanks every one of you for popping over for a peek and chat and may God bless your day wherever you may be! Shaz in Oz.x

I would like to enter these into:
Our Dis Snippets Challenge - Snippets Rule! (W) 
Word Art Wednesday - Anything goes (W).

29 comments:

brenda said...

What a very elegant card for our theme this month, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful Memory box card! Hope all is well with you...Merry Christmas!

Nolene Burnett said...

Gorgeous card. I love the white and gold colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

Blossom Cards said...

love the cards thanks for sharing with Scrapping Everyday Miracles
this week Rachel DT

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Your cards are amazing
love all
hugs Tamara

Sarn said...

Wow Shaz . . . lots of lovely cards made . . . you've been busy.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Mrs A. said...

That is a beautifully worded poem that you have shared with us and your cards match perfectly. I wish I could write poetry that that! hugd Mrs A.

Di said...

Fabulous snippets cards Shaz, and the verse is lovely. You've been a busy girl!

Hugs, Di xx

MaryH said...

You have been one busy cardmaker! These are so pretty & how kind of you to have gifted these to your friends. I love your poem, and how blessed you are to have the talent to express your beliefs & thoughts so beautifully. Your poem certainly said all that needs to be said, and I hope those who read it, will think seriously about the words & our special gift we were given, if we but accept. TFS & Hugs.

MaryH said...

You have been one busy cardmaker! These are so pretty & how kind of you to have gifted these to your friends. I love your poem, and how blessed you are to have the talent to express your beliefs & thoughts so beautifully. Your poem certainly said all that needs to be said, and I hope those who read it, will think seriously about the words & our special gift we were given, if we but accept. TFS & Hugs.

blsd2scrp said...

beautiful! so lovely and classy! thanks for joining us over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

Rossella said...

Beautiful!
Rosie x

Hettie said...

Gorgeous cards there Shaz. You have been a very busy bunny!
Hugs
xx

Robin said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you for joining us at SEM!

fairy thoughts said...

Gorgeous Shaz
Janet

Unknown said...

These are fabulous. Oh my!
Thanks for sharing with us at SEM

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous!! I just love the gold ornaments with the Christmas sentiment embossed. Very elegant!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD. Please check out the ODBD post in the a.m.!!
blessings,
Chris

Betsy said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz and I love the poem. If I may, I would like to share it in my Christmas cards that I send to family.
Blessings my friend,
Betsy

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Shaz, your card is gorgeous! I just love your embossing and beautiful layout! So glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card xxx

Ginny Maxam said...

What a beautiful post!! The cards are beautiful and your poem is wonderful!! Thank you for the permission to use it, I am sure I will!!
I am always blessed when I read your posts!!
Hugs,
Ginny M

Unknown said...

beautiful cards. love all the embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at SEM.

Anne said...

Such a beautiful and thoughful poem and gorgeous cards too! Thank you! xxx

Jo Ann said...

Another awesome creation. Love the purples too and the embossing you incorporated. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. God bless, always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us today with your elegant and pleasing to the eye paper craft art project with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Advent Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

Helen Gullett said...

Such pretty cards! I love the golden ornaments so much! :) THANKS for sharing with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles. Come and join us again for January 2014 Challenge!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

All such beautiful cards Shaz. So clever how you used the "Pass it on" cards" to make your Christmas cards.

And the gold and white looks so elegant together - one of my favourite combinations!

{{hugs}} and blessings
Jocelyn x

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at SEM!!

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...