Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Monday 10 February 2014

Masking with Stamping + PanPastels ~ OSA Challenge

Hullo there everyone!
Before I start, I am very sorry for poor return of all your wonderful comments, not been 100%. also a special welcome to one of the newbies to my blog Wonderful Encouragers.. and can find her blog and have joined - it is Sian of Handmade by Sian. Check these two cards out !
A few weeks back we had a challenge over at OSA (Oriental Stamp Art - Yahoo group), and it was a card from Splitcoasters for the inspiration. Was simply like the first card below: a white base using two stamps, with masked section, two black lines with sentiment. So this became a leaping off point for a number of cards, but only entered the first two.
I love to stamp with Versamark (see post explaining it here) and apply using cotton balls (and a light touch) with Chalks and PanPastels. This is how focal image is done here: Unknown UM blossom stamp and birthday greeting is from Artneko. Dragonfly is SU Oriental set.
The is a clear Penny black leaf stamp, (and oh it drives me crazy! it will not stamp in central part of image, even on foam mat.. have to remove from clear block.. am tempted to use Ez-mount to fix it but then you cant see through it ) decided liked them mounted rather than total CAS.
Then wandered onto using die cut for a mask and working with an oval image.
 This is Oriental stylised Wave stamp from Artneko, never used it. One night when could not sleep the light went on (figuratively :D) and thought how to use it.. seagulls stamp is from Stampscapes
 
 In the CAS (clear and simple) style one layer - however decided needed a birthday card; not enough room for greeting and still have it balance so re-cut and mounted it below. Used again Artneko Oriental "Happy Birthday" - really love this stamp as they etch their stamps so beautifully and you rarely miss a good image with them.
(EDIT: this card won top three at PanPastel challenge :D very nice indeedy!)
Thought how nicely this one would be and so below is the Stamping Up Oriental set (discontinued) plus Panpastels with both of these. With masks have to watch dont overload tool with pastel as you get residue edge around oval etc. It will rub out but less is more, I found.
Again liked it remounted on fine black edged white card.
Many thanks for popping over for a peek and chat.. and will comment as able (as not been 100% and so not computer much sorry for everyone who are kind enough to say hi)! May God bless you wherever you may be!
Shaz in Oz. x

 Would like to join these over with the following:
 Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/
Pan Pastels Challenge Anything Goes or Use fabric or canvas http://panpasteluk.blogspot.com.au/

11 comments:

Betsy said...

I really like these cards Shaz. They look like something I would see in Japan only prettier! :-). I've been snowed in at my daughters home in Portland!a Oregon for three days. Literally. No cars are on the streets. I was supposed to drive home, (6 hour drive) tomorrow but obviously that won't happen. Now I'm hoping for Wednesday and enjoying my time with them and and Miss Piper.
I'm sorry you haven't been well. I'll be praying for you.
Blessings,
Betsy

debby4000 said...

Oh what a beautiful, lovely cards.
luv
Debby

brenda said...

What a stunning collection of artwork Shaz, it would be impossible to choose a favourite, although me being me a sway slightly to the masked aperture ones.

Hope you are keeping as well as can be.

B x

Saints Rule! said...

Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday!

Craftychris said...

Wow, these are gorgeous cards! I hope you will soon be feeling 100% again! xx

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Super cards
love all
hugs Tamara

MaryH said...

Shaz, such richness this evening, enjoying all these lovelies. I have that same problem with the leaf stamp. Think it looks wonderful the way you colored it here. Expecially enjoyed your use of the pans, and gotta say, that last one grabbed me! All were beautiful though, but that oval shape with the silhouette was so special. TFS & Hugs

Angelnorth said...

Lovely batch of cards! I particularly like the first ones with the masked strip for the sentiment and the soft blossom and the scene on the last one is so calm and serene - beautiful!

Sian Ridley said...

Goodness me, thank you so much for the shout out! I feel honoured :)

I don't know where to start with this array of beautiful cards - they are all so calming and stunning! I didn't know a card could be calming so that's a new one on me! :)

I hope you are feeling better and get back to 100% soon :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such beauties, Shaz! I think I like the second card best - with the dragonfly on it - I just love how you made the shadow of the dragonfly- it gives it so much dimension. The sentiment also fits perfectly, love the Asian feel to your card!
Hugs, Cornelia

Ginny Maxam said...

Shaz these are Stunning!! You are so talented!! Love these cards!
Ginny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...