Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 25 April 2014

God bless our Land - ANZAC Day + Cards to Bless 'n Encourage

First of all my thoughts and thanks on this ANZAC day are with all who served in Australia to protect our land in past years. Also my prayers are for those who serve us in this way today, for God's continuing watchcare and blessing upon them who all do this for us each day
In the morning at the going down of the sun we member them. 
Lest we forget.
Over at a Facebook page for Christian Cardmakers  Ginny challenged us to make some cards to cheer some folk up. You are more than welcome to join the group just contact Ginny. This was on my mind so it gave me added impetus.
Here are two of the three - this one below was shown on my desk earlier in week - these two were posted off in mail yesterday.
On both have done some double embossing - dry embossed in cuttlebug (see desk here), then also embossed with inkpad (to highlight) with Golden Delicata ink on it.. do love it. Images are from Nicecrane "Flowers bring smiles". I saw the images over on Ginny's blog here and being rose lover fell in love with them. My aunt who this is for is also a great rose lover, too. Digi verses free at Word Art Wednesday and Karen's blog, Papercraft Memories.
This card is winging its way to Uk for dear ones who have illness in their life at the moment. I do pray for them - the green embossed background on this image was made over on this post here with multiple inking up of embossing folder. The Oriental image  is from Nicecrane Amazing Asia paperpack but I used it as image - just a section rather than as paper. Spellbinders for Bible verse are Labels 25 with highlight of chalk. 
 Then lastly is a bookmark made for a very dear friend, Karen, who is really struggling with cancer ... shows one side before covered and used a Rose from Nicecrane and Word Art Digis again. Second side shows more verses same rose image, finished with ribbon & lace - used colours on book. Two verse reminding her what we have in our LORD Jesus, our Hope and an Anchor sure and steadfast in life's storms and to pray instead of being anxious. The book which I bought for her is wonderful Amy Carmichael daily devotional book called "Edges of His Ways" (for details see here) - if you know anyone going through trials and especially illness this a really great little gem for each day.. my friend loaned me hers whilst I was in Brisbane two months ago very unwell, seeing Dr's, having tests etc.. it is a great treasure..
 Thanks so much everyone for popping over for peek and a chat! and may God bless your day wherever you maybe,
Shaz in Oz.x

Would like to join these over with the following:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au
2. Di's Snippety challenge - http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/  Used snippets, sitting around for ages awaiting inspiration, except on book mark. The Asais heet of paper was printed out two month back for another card and rejected.

5 comments:

Di said...

Oh what beautiful cards Shaz - lovely sentiments and such beautiful images as well. Love the bookmark too!

Hugs, Di xx

Unknown said...

Doesn't God's Word pack a punch? These cards and bookmarks are classic beauties. They surely cheered me up. Again I thank you for sharing your work with us at WAW. Blessings Carole

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowww Sharon,,,,,love these cards,,,,, I really love how flowers and birds work so well together sentiments,,,,,and love your photo of the finished bookmark.You are so creative, Karen would love this amazing gift. my friend,,,,,

Sarn said...

Simply super designs xxx

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

So pretty Shaz - the images are so gorgeous. I am sure the verses will be very encouraging to those who receive them.

Jocelyn x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...