Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 23 May 2014

"Adding a Pinterest Blog Button" Oriental Stamp Art Challenge + Annie's Smiles

Hullo there everyone .. well this post has three purposes. Firstly to share the OSA or Oriental Stamp Art challenge for this week, and secondly want to share how to add a Pinterest Button to your blog.
First to share the desk which was going to share on Wednesday but things intervened.. it is inky as I said. Over here at OSA challenge there was a card for inspiration. 
As looked at shimmer sheet card background I thought of the sunburst to get the effect and as some of you know I have had one of my only Big and Juicy ("Hydrangea") pads out so used it for good contrast first inked in one colour the background base colour then laid over top the contrast in ray pattern by rubbing ink dauber around in the circular pattern. Sprayed with shimmer mist Diamond dust. The stamps and embossing on the central image is Artneko Front facing cats with spring Kanji, on snippet of green coloured with green end of Big and juicy pad cut with Couture creations nesting rectangle. 
The Pinterest button has been on my blog ever since I read about it on my friend's blog Jocelyn of Instead of Ironing Blogspot - over here. This week was asked how it was done. As I had been meaning to share for a while, promised to do it this week. 
I love Pinterest and it really annoys me on there when you find a card but it does not have the correct source for that card!! This button helps you to link to card itself. Jocelyn's post also tells you how to use a Google program to search the origin of an image, (Reverse Image Search) as well if you want to know as well... very helpful.
Here is the direct link to the blog which tells you how to do add Pinterest button.. just a word of warning - it does fiddle with the registry of your blog - so if that scares you, maybe get some help.
  I just did a back up of layout on Blogger (see here), prayed for help and it was fine .. triple check each move, as can be tad overwhelming if not your thing. Not my thing - first time ever done it but it was good. Before you start though think where you want your button to go on pictures as it went to default and did not like it on top right edge where it was put.
I prefer it in the middle as does not interfere with scrolling on either side, so had to go back in and change it.
I also wanted to quickly link over to Annie's smiles.. so if you want some smiles in your day, please pop over to see other posts... some "bloggy" hugs everyone!


I will comment as able but time online needs be limited, I will do my best. However I really want to thank you so very much for popping over for a peek and chat. May God bless your day wherever you maybe.
Shaz in Oz.x
Would like to join these over with the following:
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used snippets on card .. what I want to know is why snippets keep growing faster than you use them? .   http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/

.2.Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au (Card no 2 and 3)
3. Penny Back and more challenge - May - anything goes. http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/may-challenge.html

19 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving your card- and the very pretty background you made for it! I love the reverse image search on google for the Pintrest posts- nothing worse than a pin that has no url connected to it!

SarahGeorge said...

Oh, wow! Beautiful colour with the shimmer effect its so beautiful! I apologize for not visiting you for some time. Hope I will catch up from now on :)

Annie said...

Sorry I was late setting up my post this week.....sometimes life just gets in the way :-) [I fell asleep in my chair before finishing it off!]
Thanks for joining in.
Hugs,
Annie x

Gill Edwards said...

what a great effect, love those sunburst patterns
Gill x

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi Shaz, great card for the OSA Challenge!! Thank you for the Pinterest instructions! I very rarely go there but I can see where this would be helpful and now I will have the information!!
I'm praying for your day! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Ginny

brenda said...

Lovely inkiness Shaz and great fusion of colours.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Shaz,

The card is beautiful - love the rays and the color combination.

I'm not a computer person by any means - thanks for the tutorial, although I'm a little reluctant to try it.

Happy Friday!
Hugs, Kay

scrappymo! said...

Love those sunrays...they look wonderful!

Craftychris said...

Love that background, makes for a stunning card! Love your happy doggies too! xx

Di said...

Totally fabulous Shaz - I adore the sunburst!

And my snippets keep breeding here as well, sigh :(

Hugs, Di xx

Caro said...

Wonderful background effect on the card...it looks stunning. Thanks for the smile. Caro x (#9)

Shirley said...

Beautiful ink shades of my favourite colours and such a cute stamped image.
Thank you for sharing your pretty card with us at Penny Black and More and good luck in our prize draw.

Shirley

Betsy said...

Beautiful card Shaz! Thank you so much for your prayers for Karen. She's home from the hospital and hopefully will be improving every day.
Blessings,
Betsy

Anne said...

LOVING the way you made your background, such a sweet card too! Beautiful work as always! xxx

Ellibelle said...

It looks fabulous!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More! Good luck!!

Anne said...

That's a lovely background Shaz - love the colours. I think my brain is getting too old to deal with adding the Pinterest button - I'm bound to mes it up. I'd best wait for DS to help :-) Thanks for 'missing' me and popping by. Hugs Anne x

Laura said...

Rather late visiting the smiles - I'm calling them Tuesday Smiles instead!
Thanks for the smile!
Laura

Ohhh Snap said...

Lovely card! And I've been trying to figure out how to add pinterest,thanks for providing the information : ). Happy belated WOYWW! #63

Diane Noble said...

So sweet! Thank you so much for joining us at Word Art Wednesday for this week's challenge. We hope to see you back tomorrow or later in the week with another inspiration for us all. We so appreciate your participation.
Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...