Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 31 October 2014

Annies Friday Smiles .. Plover, duck for cover :D

Hullo everyone - tis Friday so time for Friday Smiles today over at Annie's .. and yes, looking at my first two there might a theme I see! yes, am on chocolate ban at the moment .... Mm, so that might be why!




The next ultra cute images are from Oz or Downunder - or really our backyard. The other day heard some distressed noises coming from some Plovers out the back 9very unusual not usually there) so went out to check:
 and here was one mumma or papa here
 and then just ahead down the side of the house where thse two fluff balls
and ahead of them was the other parent yipping and squawking at them to follow and not waste time cos there was big human after them! 
I was very careful to have hat on my head and also stay under eaves of house. I have been dive bombed by a nesting plover once :D when out walking but not at home - they are gorgeous and part of God's marvellous creation.
If you want to know more about plovers (properly called masked lapwing), see here - there are several varieties but this is the land one and make their nest on the ground and they are over on the grassy gum-treed area between our house an the local main road .. not sure if they are still around as this is the only sighting and to be here in our yard is fair way from home.
Thanks for popping over everyone for peek and chat.. 
May God bless your day wherever you may be.
Shaz in Oz.x

12 comments:

ike said...

Aaaaaawww - such cute little pom poms :-D How wonderful !
Great funnies - made me laugh - especially the cat/Meercat one hahahahaha LoL

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog

Annie said...

Really love the funnies this week and those gorgeous little fluff balls really won my heart.
Hugs,
Annie x

Hettie said...

These are beautiful photos Shaz. As for the funnies, I can definitely relate to the second one right now...had a tumble myself last night. Now pass me some chocolate!
Hugs
xx

Elizabeth said...

Loved the funnies, Shaz, and the plover chicks are adorable ... definitely worth chancing the wrath of mum and dad plover to have a closer look :) Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Happy Friday Smiles Shaz....oooh yes I know about plovers we have them too, but I have to agree the babies are so adorable, you were lucky to see them. Cheers and enjoy your weekend Robyn

fairy thoughts said...

Awe how cute are they... It is the usual time of year to see babies?
My sewing didn't go too well had to make up extra pieces by doing patchwork I will show the result next week.... As long as I remember to take a photo
Janet

Ginny Maxam said...

Great pics!! I especially love the "mere cat" one !!!!
Hugs,
Ginny

Anne said...

Love the funnies, thank you for the smiles which were much needed! We love the photos of the wee plover chicks, so cute and amazing creation of God! xxx

Brenda in IN said...

The cards are wonderful. What a nice thing to do at Christmas. I laughed out loud at the "push up" funny. They are all cute. And those baby plovers - how darling are they. Oh my, how lucky you were to get to see them.

Shoshi said...

ROFL Shaz - love those funny pics!! Esp. the lemons one. What a face! I must say I feel a bit like that at times. Choccie beats lemons hands down. Adorable little fluff balls too!

Thanks for sharing and brightening my day!
Shoshi

Di said...

Too funny Shaz! :) Thanks for the laugh - and I adore those darling little puffballs too.

Hugs

Di xx

Neet said...

These are so cute. Gosh, dive bombed - with that big beak! Ouch!
Hugs, Neet xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...