Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Ink Resist with Variations, Water Dragon + WOYWW 299!!!

Hullo there everyone ... this is just another quick post as have a lot of catch up in posting lots of items not shared. My desk two weeks back making a card for BiL. This is technique saw on YouTube with Jennifer McGuire..  really very simple.
Background stamp of choice inked up with versamark and clear Embossing powder. Add inks (Distress Inks here) .. three colours were demonstrated I think - anyway that is what I went with!! Here it is Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage, and Weathered Wood (love this new colour!) and used the round ink daubers to apply in pattern.
Distress Inks Barn Door, Faded Jeans, and Weathered wood. Not made this one up yet.

This is the first one made up, trimmed down looked heaps better :D. Inked up white card with Bundled Sage on edges and Weathered Wood for double perfectly matched mounting. The stamp Happy Birthday is among my oldest I suspect from early 1990's only has Stamp Art on it and LA., stamped and embossed with Silver EP. Die cut is Victorian Rectangles by Couture Creations, inked with Sage. Brads are silver but look gold.
NOTE: would not recommend this stamp, as much as I like it. It is a Just Rite Cling called Embroidered Background Stamp.It was impossible to get a completely perfect stamping (imperfect in strips in middle). Not sure what I was doing wrong tried various techniques, ie on block down on paper then paper on block and press .. the first worked best... I have other background stamps this large and detailed but they are mostly Hero arts, no issues with other about half dozen background stamps..
This card was a real quickie birthday card for my sister, the SU Daisy stamp was ink emboss resist with brayer way back here on this post.

This is a quick card for a friend in hospital. Butterfly is Joy 6003/0023. Verse on Petite SB Ovals is a digi as is the background sheet. Added glossy accents to other butterflies on sheet. This piece and one above was in snippet images for ages. What a great promise to have from God's word, the LORD God is the stronghold in the day of trouble... or even when it is not a day of trouble!
Here is the image for Downunder today... this morning saw this little visitor hanging of the outside of the screen door. I quickly grabbed the camera and went out into the courtyard from the back so he would not see me, then zoomed in and clicked and came back into to get a shot from the other side... but he spotted me and suddenly did a huge leap off the door, and scuttled away. It is an Eastern Water Dragon.. a baby, they can grow to about three feet long, their tail is more than two thirds of their body length.. see another post back here where his cheeky face is peeking up from birdbath.
Well everyone, it is time to link on over to WOYWW at  Julia's Stamping Ground (What is on Your Workdesk Wednesday) ~ share with the desks of the world! Some snippets here so off to the Snippets Playground, as well as Word Art Wednesday.. Yay!
Every blessing of the LORD everyone where ever you maybe and thanks so much for popping over for peek and chat.. 
Mm, am way behind these days so will call back eventually!
Shaz in Oz.x 
PS for those wondering about the two cyclones or more inky fun just scroll down.

"The name of the LORD is a strong tower,  the righteous runneth to it and is safe."  
Proverbs 18:10

 
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on cards. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au 
2..Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au.

35 comments:

Annie said...

I'm grabbing a few minutes while my munchkins are enjoying a book together to visit a few of my fav bloggy friends....and you're one of those. 😃
Love what you've got to shows us today esp that gorgeous little lizard....isn't he cute?😃
Hugs,
Annie x #19

glitterandglue said...

Very effective, Shaz. Love the birthday card, too. Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #11

Neet said...

Lovely cards Shaz - as always - adore the Bundled Sage combo - so subtle but so effective. Just adore the blue card - fabulous!
What a fab picture of the little Dragon - he is so cute but not sure at 3' I would want to meet his mother!
Hugs, Neet 24 xx

RosA said...

Hi Shaz,
That technique (at the top) is SO effective! Gorgeous! What a pity that lovely stamp wouldn't behave properly.
Thanks for your message about the photo sizes. I spoke to IT today and mine are definitely way too big :) Oh well, something else to figure out ... later :)
RosA #36

sharon said...

A very effective card, would love the link on how to create the background.I looked through Jennifer McGuire's You Tubes although I was unable to find it :(

Your young Water Dragon is very cute we use to have many of them in a place we rented not far from here while we were building our home.

Enjoy your week.
hugs
sharon :)

Di said...

Wonderful cards Shaz - and the resist technique works splendidly! Lovely to see you in the Playground again!

Hugs

Di xx

sandra de said...

Great job on the cards, Something very satisfying about ink resist. Fab pic of the baby dragon.
sandra de @37

Lisca said...

What lovely cards! I immediately went to Jennifer's YouTube site to learn more about this technique. It looks easy so I'll have a go later this week.
Your little lizard visitor is so cute. We get a lot of lizards (different kinds to yours of course)and there is a 'resident' pair that live on the patio by the vine.
Have a great week,
Lisca#25

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Great shot of the little dragon there!! I remember all the wild and wonderful lizards when we visited Queensland all those years ago...quite wonderful :-)
I like your first couple of backgrounds you've shown, ever so effective..but I LOVE your daisy card, that is gorgeous!!
Hugs, LLJ 27 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, love that technique you've used, I must try that. Love the white embossed resist technique too. Only tried it myself last year, loved the results.That water dragon is amazing. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #18 xx

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at Word Art Wednesday. All your cards are so pretty and I'm sure a great blessing to the recipients. I hope your friend is feeling much better by now. I really like that resist technique you used on your first card. It's one of my favorites. :)

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

That technique is so simple yet so beautiful! Love the new sage color as well and you picked a great 3 color there :) Have a creative week! Shel-PaperOcotilloStudio #51

Monica said...

Lovely cards Shaz. That dragon reminds me of the lizard that walked out one night from behind TV. Hubby opened door and it left. I rained petrified with fright!
Monica 57

Brenda in IN said...

I really love that emboss resist card and the soft colors. It made a beautiful card. Hard to believe this little water dragon grows so big! He looks so harmless. The butterfly die is also gorgeous.

Unknown said...

All your pretty creations here...and all I can think about is that I need a color called "faded jeans." So fun. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #48

Anne said...

All lovely cards but my favourite is the blue - such a pretty blue as well. That lizard is a handsome fellow!! Anne x #28

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Awesome Shaz
love all
hugs Tamara

MrsC.x said...

that background stamp is so pretty really like the card you've made with it and your cute little critter friend
Happy WOYWW
love Mrs C.x #30
http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/woyww-february-25th-2015.html

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. Such gorgeous cards. I do sometimes miss ink and stamps. I do not envy you the lizard. They are not my thing, although not as bad as snakes and spiders! Ali x #73

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the cards. The resist technique always looks good and your choice of inks really finishes the effect. Love your little visitor too. Have a great woyww, Angela x 60

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous backgrounds with this technique, and love your butterfly card, sure to brighten their day!

Chrysalis said...

Fab cards and background effects, Shaz. I especially love the daisies - always so fresh looking, and that blue is gorgeous. Quite glad the most exotic wildlife here are the occasional spider in the bath! Have a great week, Chris # 21

Robyn said...

Fun techniques, and OMG the water dragon!!! I love dragons!
thanks for your kind words.
Robyn 4

Unknown said...

I was reading along, enjoying the looking at the cards then I come to your visitor and thought, "that's an odd card" before I got to the part where you said it was a visitor! Ha, I'm still laughing at myself for thinking it was a card. Beautiful work. I'm always amazed by your talent.

Coleen said...

Hi Shaz, What a beautiful job you do on your cards. I'm not very practiced in that area, but I do other things. We are stateside now on furlough thru June.

God bless,
Coleen

Glenda said...

So sorry to be so late this week! Love all your photos as always and hope you are doing well. We are getting lots of snow in these parts and very cold temps.
Glenda #45

Ginny Maxam said...

Beautiful cards, I love your color combinations Shaz!! I love your little visitor too!! When I lived in the SW, we had them all over the place. I miss them up her in Cold NE!
Thank you for sharing your art and your Heart!
Hugs
Ginny

Anne said...

I love both of these techniques! All your cards are stunning and your artwork just keeps getting better! Thank you for taking the time to share! Isn't your little water dragon cute...at his current size that is...!!!!!xx

Julia Dunnit said...

I love the treatment of the clear embossed background image...and think you're quite right...3 colours are necessary. By the way, it might be worth a try....clean and dry the stamp and then use an emery board or soft sandpaper to roughen the surface sections that aren't stamping well. If they are as flat as the rest of the stamp, it might work...it might be release film residue from the manufacture.

Mrs.D said...

Morning Shaz, those cards are gorgeous, look very simple but effective. Good for a bloke in slightly more masculine colours. Will have to play with that idea when I get home.
Chris (no desk)

Rossella said...

I love this background technique, Shaz
I wonder if your little friend will return when he is fully grown!!
Rosie x

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Wow, gorgeous cards Shaz - really love those backgrounds - they look beautiful.

The designer paper on the Get Well card reminds me of Graphic 45 papers - so gorgeous and vintagey - and I am sure that your friend will really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Love the lizard too - we have really small lizards and a blue tongue that lives in our backyard.

Blessings
Jocelyn x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love peeking in on your desk- maybe I will join when my big move is complete..... I love the resist backgrounds and your colors too. I love your floral card for your sick friend- just beautiful! I am not sure I would love seeing a 3 foot lizard in my yard- do they leave people alone?

Unknown said...

Decided to check out your desk from last week. Just love your backgrounds! And your butterfly card is gorgeous! Interesting lizard. We have lots of geckos here. Hope you have a good week!
Carol N #52

JD/ Jill said...

Your cards are lovely. I really like how you did the background. Thank you for giving the details on how you did it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...