Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 3 May 2015

Bugaboo Birthday for Hudson - Easel card!

A certain little lad in the family was two... so needed an ultra cute card ... and for once I though the right way around!!
I chose my papers first (2006 Stamping up!) .. then went through various colouring mediums to see what colours matched the paper the best, pencils three sets were ditched, as were Tombows and ended up with Promarkers, which matched perfectly. :D A blessing indeed. Unfortunately my images are bit washed out as was very sunny day.
This was a fun card ... layout is one I borrowed from Debby of Scrap Journey, see here..

Both Penguin images are by Bugaboo (see here)... I love bugaboo for 3-D'ing, it really lends itself to it! Don't have balloon die, so used a small circle die not cut all the way through.
Perfect match of bakers twine made me thank the LORD for His mercies, again!
This verse was adapted from online. Snippets used on this card so over t play in the playground woohoo! :D
I know I should give credit for this Easel Card image, but found it in Google search and nowhere else. I found it the easiest idea to follow. All these measure here, fold here, cut here details confuse me :( give me a simple image every time! love that you can make it to any size or shape. :D
I am going to join over with several challenges see list below.
Thanks so much for popping over for peek and chat .. will return your visit as soon as I can, as do love to see your work too. :D
May God bless your day and those you love, wherever you may be.
Shaz in Oz.x

Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7

1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on cards. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au 
2.Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au.

3. Aussie Blog Challenge - Bizzy Becs  Store May Challenge - Anything Goes  a lot of my dies come from here :D

19 comments:

brenda said...

This looks like the perfect for the young man Sahz, great colour choice as well.

B x

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Fantastic card
love it
hugs Tamara

Di said...

Absolutely fantastic card Shaz! I do love that huge cake towering over the penguin :) And your time and trouble matching the papers with the Pro markers really paid off!

Hugs

Di xxi

Unknown said...

I really like the layout and the use of blue and green. Mini's are extra cute. Thank you so much for sharing your very beautiful art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday on our 181st AGFF Challenge.
Blessings, Carole

Sarn said...

Good Morning Shaz . . . absolutely adorable easel card. Just perfect for a toddler.

Hugs, Sarn (with Prefect badge on) xxx

Liz said...

Gorgeous easel card! Love the papers and the image is SO cute! xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable, fabulous easel card
Luv
Debby

Rossella said...

Hi Shaz, thanks for dropping by earlier.
I love the colour scheme you have chosen for your easel card. It's perfect for the occasion.
Rosie x

Brenda in IN said...

This is as cute as can be, he will love this. What a great name Hudson is. I've never heard it before and I love it.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very cute easel card, Shaz, gorgeous papers and layers.

Love and hugs
Maarit

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a cute image Shaz, with that sweet little penguin popping out from behind that cake with the ice cream in his hand and that little hat on his head . . . all beautifully coloured too! Have a lovely weekend! Hazel xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

A fun card indeed! Thanks for the tutorial!

sharon said...

Your card for Hudson is absolutely gorgeous. The penguin along with the cake is adorable.
I love the colours they are so very bright and cheerful, perfect for a young man!!!
If this was my I card I would be woohooing all day long :)

SandeeNC said...

Love your easel card, it's awesome, and the penguin is just too cute!

KandA said...

This is a gorgous fun card Shaz. Super fun papers match the cute image perfectly xx

MaryH said...

You are so clever to pick the papers first! These were perfect with this darling image. I always start with the image, then struggle to find 'go-withs'. Loved the combination of the patterns, your coloring is wonderful, and it's delightful as an easel card. The little guy will be thrilled because the image is just the thing for a youngster. Fun. TFS & I especially liked the verse with this post. So thanks for that as well. Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

Adore this Shaz and that penguin, what a cutie.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Unknown said...

hey shaz i am in a difficulty please check out my comment on your gelli plate post please please please please

Karen Dunbrook said...

so cute and fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...