Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Our Daily Bread, PanPastels on Embossed Vellum + WOYWW

Hullo there everyone.. well, another "desky" share as it is Wednesday again!! and that means the great worldwide Blog - hop around desks of the world for WOYWW or What is On Your workdesk Wednesday.. pop over to our chief's desk for the link up, at Julia's Stamping Ground! 
To my desk:
Mm, am missing my good camera in being repaired :( all today's images except for two cards are taken with mobile.. this is really showing it how very messy it gets..
Although I have actually tidied it up since then, but had dumped these things from a desk in warmer part of house where they had migrated.
You can see a Christmas card (see post below this) at the back left and some stash in clear bag with other Christmas images in it ..was supposed to make more than one!!
Also vellum coloured pieces from last week at middle back, are there are backed with card + ribboned, really pretty, no time to make into cards yet. Two items are new, one a corner rounder punch - a replacement for dud one from Spotlight. I was given credit for dud one, which was really good since I did not have receipt :D Plus new mounting tape, as found good source for this one locally.
Other folks in Australia are probably like me noticing how dear things are since our dollar has plummeted by 1/3 these last few months. Just as well shopped when things were not so dear. :D
This is why my desk is so very neglected. Rose time here. Roses have been pruned and sprayed with lime sulphur - good for black spot but needs to be done in winter; plus a week or  so of  good weeding done. Now it is feed, add wet newspaper and mulch. Here you can see the laying down of wet newspaper, soaking in the wheel barrow to left and laid out. It helps prevent weeds sprouting through the mulch.
Done 2/3 of the job, on right bed, a small space left in corner for new rose, have four new roses coming to replace ones lost and 35 roses in all - nearly always have about three dozen. Plastic 2 litre bottles upended get water to the roots of roses.
Need to finish very back bed, small one at side, and dwarf Eureka lemon tree at back then done for the backyard. Will need to lay chicken wire over bed with mulch too as the brush turkeys come and pull all the mulch off the garden otherwise... ugh, more work, then!
The last two cards made for a very dear family who lost their dad. See others on this post here ( I show the twelve of them laid out ) others shown here, here, here and here - two each link.
This card image was made ages back now with "the Sea" stamp by Our Daily Bread in oval mask, coloured in PanPastels. I diecut a frame with SB Classic ovals out of CB Bubbles EF. Sentiment is Mini Tags by ODB also, inked embossed and hand cut around it, added black highlight with snippet of black card .
EDIT 4th Aug 2015: Wow, this card won Shining the Light Award .. see over here at ODB - to God be the glory!

This is Manhattan Rose Sizzix (SU) folder embossed on vellum, coloured on back with Panpastels; have coloured vellum on edge, punched with MS layered arches punch. Stamped embossed sentiment "Praying for you" is  Stampabilies, diecut with SB Deckle ovals + colour edged with same colours. 
Aussie photo today was from yesterday when out in garden, this Noisy Minor in the flowering NZ Christmas bush, and he was making a right noise, as they do. I was chatting to him and he started to give me the beady eye.. holding ever so still. As had mobile nearby took pickie up close.. then he kept on eating then nectar :D
Ending with a little housekeeping, I am delighted to welcome some new encouragers. Evalila, a very new blogger has joined this blog as a wonderful encourager, she is also very new to WOYWW. Please do pop over to Evalila's blog HERE, and give her a big welcome to blogland, her cards are so clever, too.
Sue Powell, no blog that I could find.. but thank you! you make my day!!
Kathy of KT Crafts, loves making mini albums, met her through the Snippets playground... thanks Kathy for joining as a wonderful encourager, you are a great blessing!

Well, thanks so much everyone for popping over for peek and chat, I really appreciate your kindness, will return as soon as able.
May God bless your day wherever you may be..  Shaz in Oz.x
 
"I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad..." Psalm 16:8, 9a
Am linking over to these challenges:

1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  snippets on both cards, linking first one though. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/  2..Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au.
3. Our daily Bread - Anything goes with Our Daily Bread stamps http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/odbdslc248-anything-goes-with-odbd.html

40 comments:

peggy aplSEEDS said...

Wow, Shaz, you have been so busy with your garden, but you've still managed to make some lovely cards. And Christmas already! Amazing!
Happy WOYWW, Shaz!
Hugs, peggy aplSEEDS

Robyn said...

lovely mess! and the view of your garden is inspiring!
robyn 3

Bridget Larsen said...

A lot of goodies on your desk that will be put to good use. I love seeing garden photos probably because I dont have one...some day!!!
Bridget #1

Helen said...

Your desk looks great today,love new (or replacement) goodies!! You've been working so hard in your garden, too - am sure the end results will be delightful, and worth it! We look forward to the photos next flowering season to prove it! Happy WOYWW Helen 5

RosA said...

Hi Shaz,
You have been busy in the garden. Mine is sorely neglected, luckily it is mostly camellias and they nearly look after themselves. But there is a very old lemon tree (and I love lemons) that is way past it's prime and I am thinking of replacing it with one of those multi grafted citrus trees. I think I could order one with lemons, limes and possibly lemonades on the one tree.
With the dollar so low, we really feel it at work, but the last few dies I ordered weren't in stock and had to be ordered, so I think I paid dearly for them.
Talk soon,
RosA # 10

scrappymo! said...

You have been working hard in your gardens and it is paying off. They look great. Bet those roses look and smell wonderful when they are in bloom!

Your two cards look fabulousl You know how I love sea/water/beach themed cards. Taht first one is right up my alley. It looks fab!

The second is so pretty. The velum coloured flowers look so pretty.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your roses get the 5star treatment don't they?! Mine get quite neglected by comparison, but they seem to do ok.your cards are beautiful, especially the sympathy card....really lovely.
Hugs, LLJ 16 xx

Anne said...

I love the different ways that gardening is carried out depending on where you live. We cannot touch things in winter because obviously our winters are much colder, so pruning of roses is carried out usually in Autumn and/or spring. Mulching, feeding starts late spring and in summer. I adore roses, but they have to be scented and David Austin roses come up trumps all the time with this! Hubby isn't so keen on roses and he like dahlias...I'm not a dahlia fan! I love your photos of the minor bird, how wonderful! Your cards are gorgeous too, you have so much talent and I love seeing your work and being inspired. Thank you!

Annie said...

You have been busy in the garden.....your roses get spoilt in comparision to mine. :-) Lovely cards today.
Hugs,
Annie x # 22

Neet said...

My Goodness Shaz, you have been busy in the garden. Thanks for all the tips - great idea about the watering of the roses.
You look to have a busy desk area at the moment and those cards you made are truly beautiful, I especially like the blue one,
Thanks for hour explanation - I still don't like that grey band on my blog though.
Hugs, Neet xx

Lisca said...

Oh Shaz, I love your rose garden! Thank you for explaining what you have to do to get them all so nice.
Your desk is nicely busy. I'm sorry your dollar has plummeted. Exchange rates make such a difference.
Have a great week,
Lisca#24

Glenda said...

Your rose garden is amazing! I love that you use wet newspaper to prevents weeds coming through. Good idea! Glenda #31

Twiglet said...

What a busy bee you are. Thanks for sharing your birdlife with us - I really enjoy seeing what you have over there. x Jo

Di said...

Two lovely cards Shaz - and of course the snippets on ticks all the boxes :) Mind you, of course I adore the second card - my colours too! Good to see the rose beds you've been talking about by email - a lot more work there than I realised!

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

Morning Shaz, your desk looks very busy today. Your rose beds are looking good. We used to grow lots of roses in the garden of our first home. Well your bird beats my bird hands down!!!
Your cards are beautiful Shaz. Barb#33 xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz, lovely weather to be out in the garden -the beds are looking great, your roses will love you. Lovely cards too. Have a great week Cheers Robyn#15

sharon said...

What a lovely mess on your desk......I do love Wednesdays :)
It is a wonderful time fo the year to get out and about in the garden before the Summer arrives. Love your cards.
hug
sharon :)

Unknown said...

Such a nice busy desk! Glad to see someone making Christmas cards. I REALLY need to get some made too. And love your garden space! You are quite the gardener! Love your cards. It's always hard to make Sympathy cards. Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #39

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, love your desk shot, and the cards. The rose gardens are such a lot of work, by the look of it. How wonderful though. One good thing, the black spot tells you that you have good clean air, as it only thrives with a lack of pollution! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #7 xx

Unknown said...

WOW that embossed Rose looks exquisite on vellum Shaz. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, on our 194th challenge.
Blessings and Hugs, Carole

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hello Shaz, hello Monkeys! When the garden calls Shaz! you just have to go. I can see storing might be an issue here too! Gorgeous cards but I especially love the Sea View, gorgeous. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 29

Tilly Tea Dance said...

The hard work in your garden looks to be paying off and it's great you've still managed to find time to make those truly thoughtful cards. Happy crafting :-)

Conniecrafter said...

I understand when you have to work outside when the days are nice. Looks like you have a nice size garden to work with.
Your cards are just lovely the coloring with the pan pastels is so pretty, I will have to give that a try with the embossing and the pastels, such a pretty soft look and love your border on it

Anne said...

Love the cards. I need to get out into my garden - there just doesn't seem enough hours in the day. how I ever had time to work I don't know :-) Anne x #41

Betsy said...

You are such a busy lady. Your gardens are looking lovely and so do your cards. All I seem to do these days is sit in the air conditioning and knit!
Blessings,
Betsy

April said...

I love all the pictures! Your desk looks like mine - no work space because I've piled everything up on top. And your garden looks great. We've had so much rain this year followed by extreme heat that my garden has suffered greatly. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.
April #54

MrsC.x said...

cor you have been busy!

happy woyww
charlie :) #20

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

As busy as you are with the garden, you sure made beautiful cards!! Love them!! That ocean scene it one of my fave and it is so beautifully colored and framed with the soft blue and embossed panel. Thanks for taking the time to join the ODBD Shining the Light challenge and also for the comment on my blog. Your kind words are appreciated!!
hugs,
Chris

sandra de said...

Hi Sahz, you are certainly organised in a crafty way (i.e everything on the table) and also in the garden. Looks like you have caught another great pic of the birdlife and OZ flora in full bloom. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @37

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello, my dear friend. What a fabulous card. It's always SUCH a blessing to have you wonderful cards linked up in our challenges, and to have you share your sweet fellowship with us. I appreciate you more than words can ever express. Thanks so much, and have a very blessed week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. If you're interested in linking up, there's another great challenge at CropStop where you are MOST welcome to link up and share your cards. I'd love having you play along with us there as well.
Karen
CropStop
http://www.cropstop.com/blog/uncategorized/linky-party-6-anything-goes/

Mish-Mash-Moo said...

Fabbo cards! Gardening....I am more of a brown thumb than green thumb!!! Lol. Thanks for joining us over at Bizzy Becs!

Jo Ann said...

Such a wonderful cards here. I saw that embossing folder as freebie in a magazine and you did such a wonderful job with your project. Loving the garden too. So glad you joined us at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with an awesome inspiration from the Scripture in Hebrews 3:6 and it says, "But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast." Have an awesome week.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

You've been busy! It's hard to keep your desk tidy when you have so many things going on, so I can relate. Your cards are lovely with their classic elegance and subtle colors. I'm also impressed with all the work you've done in your garden. Thanks for your visit and blessings!

Liz said...

What a busy time you've had in your garden! Two beautiful cards, Shaz, and your desk is nearly as messy as mine! LOL! Didn't get chance to take a photo for WOYWW as we've been away, hopefully I'll join in again next week. xx

Mrs A. said...

A lovely newsy post. I love o see what other people are doing in their gardens. Your rosé borders look bette for their. Mulch. Must try that trick with the newspapers. Hugs mrs A.

Darnell said...

That was a great post, Shaz! From your busy desk to the noisy bird, I enjoyed it all! Well done preparing all the beds and doing that hard gardening necessity! And well done on those two really gorgeous cards! Congratulation on the well-deserved recognition!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

Both of your cards are stunning. The rose card is truly gorgeous. I love the tip about wet newspapers keeping the weeds from growing. Gardens take a lot of time but the results are so worth it.

Sally H said...

Gorgeous cards and great photos, Shaz. You have been very busy and the garden is looking amazing. Love the minor bird in the Christmas bush. Your cards are gorgeous! I particularly like the first one - beach scenes are always a hit with me - one of my favourite places to be x

MaryH said...

Lovely beachscape, and perfect for your sympathy card. I am amazed at the beautiful vellum rose done with the pans. I don't do much with vellum, but never thought of trying pans on it. Did you color from the backside? It's just so unbelievably lovely with the way you've done it. No big surprise that it got great recognition! TFS & good luck with your gardening. Hugs

MaryH said...

Oops, just rechecked your description, and saw that you did mention coloring on the back. Sorry! Reading too fast, trying to play catchup. Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...