Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 6 April 2016

WOYWW + Using Homemade Gelli Plate or Jelly pad

Hullo there everyone... desky share time!  So join us in Deskland over at Julia's "Stamping Ground" blog  for "What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday"!
Here is my desk this morning as it is late evening here in Oz now .. very boring actually. 
Sorry to those who like to see monkeys I've cut their heads off, and naughty monkey on left has lost his WOYWW badge, its actually upside down underneath the red top of the tacky glue, top right.
Tip: I keep all my glues lying down like that. Then they dont get clogged as easily, same for glimmer mists - a tip which was sent from Joanna Sheen when I inquired years back. It helps immensely. Current detritus and relatively clean state was from card and calligraphy piece just finished. Actually put most things away last night. Poppy grass die however is from two cards ago, none of these items can be shared till received.
This was my desk .. or one of the desks in craft room last week - on Wednesday, and that was why no WOYWW post for last week!

Here is the fold out table which use for overflow - since had some of the younger generation here to craft, was pulled it out. My desk is standing one and too high for a four (Emily) and six year old (Thomas) .. we had made some jelly plate background and dried them and stamped on them. Also embossed some background and this is very last stage; am cutting up gold card for the greeting die, which they've chosen for their cards. They have made two cards each!
Here they are rolling the die through.. Emily is turning the handle, Thomas did his, and dad steadied the Cuttlebug while they turned the handle. We spent the morning on the beach at the jetty before coming back for craft!




Background: Made with bubble wrap and paint from jelly pad. 
The background on cards were all made with the jelly pad .. or gelli plate, the hand made recipe I posted back here on May 29, 2013, remember? here is the recipe in case you want it.. this is the same gelli pad, I made three years ago .. with two imperfections one I did on first day (with finger nail), but dont seem to affect it at all. I just store in this plastic container in a cupboard.


 
Other backgrounds made. The less distinct one are second generation prints, cleaning paint off the pad. (Brayer the ink around the pad to smooth the squeezed out paint colours.)

Now to the two Aussie shots - taken by my sister, Robyn in Oz down on the south coast of NSW.
Blue winged Kingfisher or kookaburra.. yes in gum tree! with a beautifully hollow burl right in the centre of image - the native animals will love that burl!
A summer sunrise.
Thanks so very much everyone for popping over to say hi, for commenting even when I dont get around as much as I would like, I do aim to catch up...

May God bless your day where you may be... and happy WOYWW everyone!

Shaz in Oz.x

"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32

22 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

You had a great time with kids
great workshop
lovely projects
hugs Tamara

Anne said...

The projects have turned out very well Shaz you all must be very pleased. Always like the see your photos of Aus. Anne x #38

Betsy said...

How fun for the kids! They both did a very good job and look like cards any adult would be proud of making. It's always interesting to see how much work goes into one card. The Kookaburro bird is gorgeous, it looks like you posed him for that shot. Have a lovely Wednesday my friend.
Blessings, Betsy

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, the kids made a lot of great cards with the plate. Looks like they had a lot of fun. Glad you like the pic, it was taken at a Neolithic burial mound, not very far from LLJ's. We'd been to visit her one weekend, and the weather was glorious, so we stopped off on our way home. Have a great week, hugs, Shaz #9 xx

Stephanie said...

Hi sweet friend! What a joy to spend time with the children :) Your cards are simply lovely and your photos simply beautiful!

Love and hugs to you!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your little grandsons are wonderfully talented, wow wow!! They have made really some great cards with your handmade gelli plate!!! I'm very impressed by them, expecially by the cards of Thomas, all so elegant! You have had a sweet time (and busy.. :) )with them!
Amazing photos, too!
Hugs

JD/ Jill said...

Looks like a great time was had by ALL! Must give it a try! I have to confess that I purchased a Gelli plate last year when I attended a quilt show I have yet to give it a try. You have so inspired me.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I've visited Julia and got my card and bookmark, thank you so much Shaz, they're fabulous and very much appreciated 💖💖💖
How lovely to see the young crafters in action and also their creations...fab work 😃
Hugs, LLJ 16 xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Shaz, what a super time you had with the younsters and their cards are gorgeous, wonderful designs and colours. It's so good to encourage children to be creative, Kate x

Helen said...

wow you've all been having so much fun! love the cards. Helen #1

Sharon said...

Beautiful sunrise!

The cards look beautiful. The kids look like they had a lot of fun.

Have a great week
Sharon K #42

Barb said...

It looks as if you all had a lot of fun. The children made some lovely cards. I bet they were really pleased with their makes. Barbxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun day you must have had with the Grandies, Shaz. Thanks for the note that you gelli plate is three yrs old and going strong - I must have a play!
Blessings
Maxine

April said...

I have intentions of using bubble wrap for a background and after seeing yours it has moved up higher on my list. Great look on all of your backgrounds. Nice to have help. ;-) Thank you for stopping by my place earlier.
April

Twiglet said...

What fab crafting those youngsters came up with - a brilliant teacher obviously! x Jo

Pia S said...

Such a wonderful post, I'm Very impressed by the children's artwork! You must be so proud....

Conniecrafter said...

Such fun to make these cards with the kids, they did a fantastic job, love the look of embossing over the backgrounds.
Great tips on the glue and mist bottles, I have done that with a couple of my glue bottles but didn't think about the mist bottles.

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful work by the kids, Shaz!! Love the colors!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Aileen said...

Looks like the kids really enjoyed themselves and what wonderful results. Tell them from me I love all their cards, so well done. Ive never tried this Jelly plate idea, will have to ponder on it. Thanks for your visits and wonderful comments, they are always appreciated. xx Aileen

Brenda said...

How fun to have some crafty children in the craft room with you Sharon! Looks like they were having a great time and looks like they are quite crafty as well. I love seeing the pictures of them and love their sweet cards. I've never done any gelli plate prints before and probably never will. lol I love seeing what all everyone else does with them though. So many pretty backgrounds are made using them. Love the ones you all made. Beautiful pictures of the bird and beach sunrise as well! I love that you share these beautiful pictures with us. Hugs, Brenda

ToadilyDiane said...

Those are great cards they made. thanks for posting the link about the homemade gelli plate. I'll have to give it a try!

Diane

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Shaz, what a joy and blessing you were to those precious children! And what beautiful cards were made! You are such a beautiful and godly woman! Thank you for sharing this and the beautiful photos of your area! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...