Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Brayer, Stamps and Cuttle a Quick card


Well, only a few days as we count down so before the final onslaught, so thought I would do one quick post with this card.
I love the brayer and its versatility. For this card I have used a Kaleidocolor stamp pad called Fruitcake (rather appropriate for this time of year), and I love the Kaleidocolor as they blend so smoothly with the brayer. Used it with a Top Note die cut-out by Stampin' Up (bought pre-cut off eBay as I don’t have one of them). This is one was done in kraft paper.

  I dried it with a heat tool as they get very wet on the kraft paper, it really drinks it up; then stamped the arrangement of stamps with the white chalk stamp pad. Mounting it with a hand-cut cut out of white card, and the Holly Cuttlebug folder in red card stock and onto some more white linen card and it was finished. I was tempted to add a ribbon but I am still not sure on that score? I do like simplicity.

 I love the words on this card -  WISE men ... still seek Him.
  
Well, everyone have a very happy safe and blessed time this Christmas and till next time may God watch over you and everyone you love, especially on the busy and not always safe roads.

1 comment:

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I love this card, Shaz, just the sort I like. Thanks for stopping in to my blog and your kind comments. The snow here is just showing sigs of a slight thaw, so we may get a family get together after all. The icicles are fearsome round here though- walk underneath at your peril, but very pretty.

Have a great Christmas XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...