Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 17 December 2010

Card, with a cuppa from Rwanda!


Well, I wasn't going to post tonight but this card which came today blew me away, so just had to do a post and show you!.

This card is simple, yet very beautiful. The colour of deep eggplant of the background looks blackish no matter what I did, but think this was the best photo.
So let me describe it to the best of my ability.
There is the deep eggplant cardstock, and on this is mounted the two simple wire shapes in the star and the baby Jesus in the manger (a soft wire is used, not being a handyman don’t know what sort). These are stitched on with the same silver thread that is used to radiate the light from the star.
I dare say they may have had a nailed on wood shape to twist the wire into the shapes?
This is mounted on woven, white paper mount with a deckle edge, and then a card with the printed inscription of Emmanuel (which means) “God is With Us”.
Then there was a special touch inside the card apart from the welcome greeting from my dear friends who are missionaries in Rwanda, were two tea bags with Rwandan tea.
Ah! Dear Chris and Fi, I will think of you and all those dear folk you work among. I read in your newsletter of hand made objects for sale made by the ladies there and wondered what they were like, now I have some idea! well done!

May God bless and keep you in the labour for the King of Kings over there, and all the dear folk among whom you work!
God bless till next time,
Shaz.x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...