Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Monday 27 December 2010

Cardmakers Treasure Trove





Well, it has been a lovely time with the family ! I do hope that you all enjoyed your time together too, safely and in a God blessed way!











Here are a few pickies of the competition we set up after Christmas lunch impromptu like to design the snazziest design with the table sprinkles! here are two of the ones we did ..





Not yet the time for making cards, but spent today sorting through the treasure trove I collected from the bonbons this year - wow! just take a look....
They were amazing, did not realise till I took them all to bits just how nice it will all be to make cards for next year's Christmas season.
I am itching to get into it already. I tried one sheet of the white frosted card to see if the cuttling would take out the very minor folds left in it after trimming it - and if you click on the pickie above you can see it came out beautifully (debossed this time, as I put it in the folder that way)!

I will use the cardstock pieces with my Nestabilties cutters too!

1 comment:

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Thank you for your visit and your comments which are always appreciated. That is what I call being organised, Shaz, but it shows what a committed crafter you are to spot the treasure trove that most people throw away. I am also thinking about next year, but only because I want to play with my beautiful Clarity stamps and the brayer. I also have a box full of stuff gathered from previous year's Christmas cards, ready for recycling into new designs (not hand made cards from others - I keep all of those intact). I look forward to seeing more pictures of your creations. Glad your celebrations went well in the warmer weather. Our snow is melting fast but it is lethal underfoot, with the hard ice now being exposed under the melting snow. I am staying in the warm today, thank you, comfortable and safe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...