Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Easel Baby Card + Male card - playing with metals!

Card one
Male card. There is a further trip into recycling here with e metal piece at the top of this card - it is a yoghurt top embossed with the Clockwork Cuttlebug folder and then inked with the Adirondack Ink Fixative Copper. 
I don’t have the blending fluid you use with it, but Metho and foam applicators work beautifully. I also coated a small sheet of Kromcote (white glossy card stock) with the copper, stamped the sentiment from Our Daily Bread Stamps in Archival Ink black.. It gave it the most awesome finish just like burnished copper on the Kromcote.


Used Labels Nesties 8 for this card and some gold mesh at the bottom with a clock stamp (no name very old one, says Made in USA) coloured in my Promarkers. If it was a Penny Black could put it in their recycling challenge. Maybe this stamp is an antique Penny Black (tee hee!) sure is nice enough and old enough to qualify!

Card Two:
Easel card. This is my very first attempt at an easel card and used the Hedgie stamp from Penny Black baby set, except I masked the square frame out of this one when I stamped it, as I wanted it to be a cut with my circle Nestie. The picture was done with my sister’s Prismacolor watercolour pencils, with the stumps for blending and White Spirits or Gamsol as they call it in US - here it is called White Spirits. And it was really fun to do. I used the Pendant Fleur de Lis Spellbinders, plus border as well as as the centre piece. Fancy labels was used on the base as well as Labels 4, I extended the fancy labels as it does come that long. I used this tutorial by Shazsilverwolf to help me out with design – thanks Shaz!



The big secret to this card is how I made the paper pillow affect. I am not sure if everyone has the gutter guard where they live or what it is called elsewhere but have included a photo so you can see what I am talking about.
You use the gutter guard in the bug and the sandwich for my bug is:
 A Plate, B plate, Mesh (gutter guard), cardstock cut to size, rubber mat and one thin shim and B plate and put it through once only.
The beauty of this is you really can do large piece if you have a large rubber mat. I must get myself a bigger one (do they make them?) as the 5x7 one I have is a tad too small for size of guard I use.




Have had fun with these two cards and I hope you enjoy seeing them too!
God bless you wherever you are - thanks for popping by!  
  Shaz in Oz.x

8 comments:

RosA said...

Those cards are beautiful, as always. I'm sure your friend will love them! The gutter guard is a great idea!

MaudMartha said...

Great use of these Nesties Shaz. Lovely mans card too. Away for a while but please pop back later. Teresa x( Maud Martha )

Hettie said...

Beautiful cards. My MIL may just be loosing some of her gutter guard - I am sure I can wash it! LOL!!!

ChristineCreations said...

These are beautiful cards!

Ger said...

Two really beautiful cards! love your use of the pendant die and that pillow effect is so cool. The male card is amazing, fabulous textures! Love your use of Scripture. Ger x.

Joyce across the Pond said...

Great cards Shaz and so appropriate...no, I don't go with the 'pretty' male cards either...no such thing....recently I got instructions for a male card which had to have music AND ....FLOWERS! Do you know it was so hard to do and not end up looking feminine....oh we do get the oddest orders, don't we.

Unknown said...

I love cards and calligraphy so had to take a look. Very nice, and very creative with the gutter guard. It's good that it works for the cards because we had to remove it from our gutters. It caught all of the pecan buds from the trees. Not good.

Unknown said...

Wow, such a cool effect. I am going to have to try this:)

Jani
aka papercompulsions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...