Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Monday 18 July 2011

Versatile Blog Award...Wow!

Well recently I had a message from Hettie of Hettiecraft to say there was something on her blog for me, so I popped over and there was an award for me… wow! how unworthy I felt especially as I admire Hettie for a fantastic inspiring blog and also for the lovely things she wrote… thank you Hettie! I think to receive such an award from one of your peers and from one whom I respect so much is really quite humbling!
 And let me say, Hettie,  you teach me with each visit to your blog how to be a little more versatile in my craft, to think outside the square...

Hettie on her post defined versatile to quote:- "...capable of or adapted to many different uses, skills etc, liable to change.."… it sounds like me, especially the "liable to change" thing! I have always dabbled in lots of things – rather like the Jack of all trades and Master of none!
Now the Rules of accepting this award.
  • In accepting my award I must place a link back to the person who awarded it (tick)
  • Share 7 random things about myself (see below)
  • Award 7 recently discovered bloggers and contact them to let them know (will do!).
Seven great bloggers – have only been blogging for short while so all mine are of fairly recent duration. Please do take a peek at them all!

    1. Maggie at Silver crafter – Maggie as one of my first followers and I have always been blessed by her very beautiful work and helpful tips thank you Maggie!
    2. Vika of Melody of Scrap in Russia. Her work is really amazing very versatile – from furniture to cards, all made with love and care for detail.
    3. Glenda of Magpie’s Corner - her cards are simply awesome - the detail and elegance is something I really enjoy and would love to emulate.
    4. Joyce of Crafty Quills - now this is one versatile crafter from her Irish home she makes beautiful cards, exquisite free-style embroidery, and clever Calligraphy.
    5. Jocelyn of Instead of Ironing Blog (don’t you love the title, fellow crafter?) Jobear does the most amazing work, have loved her blog for the longest of those listed and really love her watercolour pencil work.
    6. Lisa of Lisa’s Craft Garden - this is one generous crafter! Not only does she do the most beautiful cards, shows us her gorgeous garden on her blog, but she sent me the latest copy of Craft Stamper all the way from the UK, all because I said on Elizabeth’s blog how interesting it looked.
    7. Shazsilverwolf of Silverwolf cards – now this is one talented lady –clever work with her brayer and her work with Stampscapes is also so very awe-inspiring.

    Seven random things:


    1. Born in large north western NSW town, but never lived there; first home was on a sheep station.

       2.  Moved every four years during childhood. (Dad was a teacher)

      
      3.   In first 14 years of adulthood, I moved 11 times!

      4.   I have lived in this house since 1985 – yes, 26 years! When you find a good spot, why move? it took me long enough!

      5. Have loved calligraphy since teen years, my oldest work done when 16 yrs.
      
     6. Card-making since starting school and stamping, embossing etc. since 1992.

     7. Favourite place is quiet walk along our beautiful beaches, talking to the LORD.

     Lisa asked me to post some more pickies of my beach walks, so here they are!


    These beach photos are about 5 to ten minutes walk away from my house, I am pretty blessed, aren’t I? I was down there this afternoon and try to get there most days. The top two were taken in August last year. Hence the coastal wattle flowering in the first shot.






    This shot is down at the jetty at the harbour. There is mooring for quite a large number of boats; this is only a very small section of it. Nearby is the Fish Co-op where I can buy the day's catch for sale.
    I thank the LORD for the beauties of His creation!

    thanks for looking and may God bless your day wherever you may be,
    Shaz in Oz.x





    6 comments:

    Joyce across the Pond said...

    Thank you for the mention - had a great time browsing all the sites (save my own of course). Love your photos...gosh I'd love to go back to Oz but I think twice in a lifetime will have to do us.

    angelfish said...

    It looks beautiful where you live, I'm not surprised you've stayed :o)

    Hettie said...

    Thanks for your kind words Shaz. You always inspire me too - hence why I awarded you!!
    Dead envious of your walks! Though I do have the beauty of the Brecon Beacons just outside my door so swings and roundabouts ey!!
    Off for a nosey at your nominees!

    Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

    Hi Shaz, thank you for your Award and thanks for saying such lovely things (blushing...blushing) about my blog.

    LOVE the beach photos - how beautiful to live in such a wonderful spot. I am writing up my post now and hope to finish it and publish it later tonight (inbetween DD being sick again with a nasty cough and DH now sick too - I am so tired from lack of sleep that I might fall asleep at any mo....ment...zzzzzzzzz.......

    {{hugs}} and blessings
    Jocelyn

    Sarah C. said...

    Hi Shaz,these photos are beautiful:) I miss these scenes very much. I can't wait to visit them again someday, God willing:)
    God bless,
    Sarah

    lisa said...

    Oh Shaz, you are a love and now I'm so envious. Those beaches are just beautiful. How I would love to join you in your walks. I can almost smell the sea air from my living room in Yorkshire!!
    Thanks so much for sharing them and thank you for thinking of me for your award, I'm deeply touched. I loved reading your facts, it's always so nice to learn a bit more about blogging buddies although I feel I know you through our chats now.
    Sorry I'm so late getting round, time just flies by.
    Hugs Lisax

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...