Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 30 November 2011

First Blogaversary Candy Draw!

(WOYWW Post below this everyone, sorry!)

Okay, now – big drum roll, please! We have a hat, we have names in that there hat and we will have a draw out of that there hat!
Ta da!! A big congratulations - the winner is:

Glenda Brooks! @ Magpie's Corner
So Glenda please contact me by email (see my profile for link to email).

I drew a spare name too in case Glenda has some of items in it and can post them on someone else.
And this draw, for those not in the know, is for a very BIG thank YOU to the wonderful Encouragers, as my blog is one year old.
 I was having a little candy as a way of a very BIG thanks to you all!
There is a verse in Proverbs 16:31 in the Bible “The lot is cast into the lap but the whole disposing thereof is of the LORD.”
Well in this case, it is a hat – but the choice was left up to the all wise One, for His distribution.
 Apologies to all who do not win – it is a shame I don’t have prizes for all of you – I would so very dearly love to!
Do you like the hat? It is one from Bhutan and my dear sister brought it back for me. :D 

It has been for drink in our creek! I had to rescue it one day and had to clamber over rocks and wade into the creek to get it with the help of some Scandinavian tourists, who pushed it in the right direction for me! The special hat was looked after - the Lord cares about little and big things, especially when we take the time to commit them to Him.
So that explains why I chose it for the draw ( with Monkey and Bear to supervise).

I want to close with a very big thank you to each and every one of you for all your beautifully encouraging words on my candy draw post and over the past year - you live up to your name, you very dear WONDERFUL Encouragers. 

Thank you also for the NEW ENCOURAGER'S who have joined since then- and hope and pray you stay around and enjoy it.
May the LORD bless your day wherever you may be,
Shaz in Oz.x
PS I close with an oil painting by my father (who is 82) of one of our local beaches.

15 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

What a lovely giveaway and congratulations on being a year old! I am two posts away from 250 so I might russle up some candy too. Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl – No 4

jude said...

The picture your dad has done is beautiful and my what an age good for him to keep active and interested!
Have fab wednesday and great festive week ahead
Love n hugs Judex9

Helen said...

Well done Glenda! You obviously are a very creative family - love your dad's painting!
no 12

JoZart Designs said...

Thanks for your lovely comment. I adore your hat but I'm really impressed by your father's beautiful painting. Will email.
Lv JoZarty xxx

RosA said...

Hi Shaz, Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your father's painting. It is so very typical of the Australian coastal area and especially of the type of beach that I love so much ... trees for shade, a path to the sand, boats in the distance and even an island (or headland?) nearby. Forgive me if I wax lyrical, but I feel like I could just step into that painting and be at home there!

lisa said...

I love your hat, Shaz. what gorgeous colours.
Wow, your father's painting is stunning. Artistic talent must definitely run in your family. How lovely to look at this every day. I would feel like I was on holiday all the time.
Hope you are having a good week.
hugs Lisax

:)) ...Вика said...

Поздравляю победительницу!
Шляпа красивая :)
Картина отца - это восторг! Спасибо, что нам показала такой шедевр! Это прекрасно!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Vika Dolya said ...

Congratulations to the winner!
Hat beautiful:)
Painting his father - a delight! Thank you showed us this masterpiece! This is wonderful!
November 30, 2011 11:20 PM

okienurse said...

Gorgeous painting your father made! Congratulations to Glenda on winning the blog candy! Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Vickie #67

Morti said...

Fab had - a huge well done to Brenda! - and wow, isn't your Dad an amazing artist? Just brilliant, super painting!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, love your father's painting and wish I was on that beach right now - we've just had a shower of hailstones! Congratulations to the winner of your blog candy, Glenda.

When you have a minute perhaps you could pop along to my blog, there's something that might be of interest to you there.

Elizabeth x #111

Joyce across the Pond said...

Well, we now know who you take after...what a great painting..wonderful....give him my congratulations!

Neet said...

First of all, congrats to Glenda; secondly glad you got the hat back and last but not least - that painting is fantastic. What a talented father you have.
Hugs, Neet xx

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Congratulations to Glenda! What a beautiful painting by your Dad Shaz - he is very talented.

{{hugs}} and blessings
Jocelyn

Eileen said...

Well done Glenda... ! I'm not jealous....much!! lol
Shaz ... blown away by your dads painting... what a super, super talent! Beautiful picture.

Well ... my blogging matey we are nearly at the end of another year . Thank you for all the comments and support and good wishes you have regularly sent me.
You are a very special friend to me and I send my warmest, warmest good wishes to you and yours for 2012.... I will be raising a glass (or two... hic) to all my blogging mates on Christmas Day .... and thinking of you! Eileen xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...