Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.
I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 40 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Sunday, July 24, 2011
In conclusion I just wanted to express my sorrow for all those suffering in the tiny country of Norway, such a big loss, and an inexplicable one really. Any claim this killer makes that he had good reasons for doing what he did do not ring true. No matter what his belief it will not justify the terrible thing he has done.
My thoughts and prayers are with them all.
Thanks for looking and may God bless your day where you may be,
Shaz in Oz.x
PS photos are taken with my camera whilst watching the evening news on TV, hence the not so great quality! :D
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
For those of you who are puzzled why we are looking at work desks...do join in the fun take a trip over to our very own royal hostess, Julia, and drop by Julia's Stamping Ground!
Shaz in Oz.x
PS. I was asked by Lisa of Lisa's Craft Garden to show some more pickies of beaches where I go walking, so I have done this in the post below, if you wish to take a look.
Monday, July 18, 2011
- In accepting my award I must place a link back to the person who awarded it (tick)
- Share 7 random things about myself (see below)
- Award 7 recently discovered bloggers and contact them to let them know (will do!).
- Maggie at Silver crafter – Maggie as one of my first followers and I have always been blessed by her very beautiful work and helpful tips thank you Maggie!
- Vika of Melody of Scrap in Russia. Her work is really amazing very versatile – from furniture to cards, all made with love and care for detail.
- Glenda of Magpie’s Corner - her cards are simply awesome - the detail and elegance is something I really enjoy and would love to emulate.
- Joyce of Crafty Quills - now this is one versatile crafter from her Irish home she makes beautiful cards, exquisite free-style embroidery, and clever Calligraphy.
- Jocelyn of Instead of Ironing Blog (don’t you love the title, fellow crafter?) Jobear does the most amazing work, have loved her blog for the longest of those listed and really love her watercolour pencil work.
- Lisa of Lisa’s Craft Garden - this is one generous crafter! Not only does she do the most beautiful cards, shows us her gorgeous garden on her blog, but she sent me the latest copy of Craft Stamper all the way from the UK, all because I said on Elizabeth’s blog how interesting it looked.
- Shazsilverwolf of Silverwolf cards – now this is one talented lady –clever work with her brayer and her work with Stampscapes is also so very awe-inspiring.
- Born in large north western NSW town, but never lived there; first home was on a sheep station.
3. In first 14 years of adulthood, I moved 11 times!
4. I have lived in this house since 1985 – yes, 26 years! When you find a good spot, why move? it took me long enough!
5. Have loved calligraphy since teen years, my oldest work done when 16 yrs.
7. Favourite place is quiet walk along our beautiful beaches, talking to the LORD.
Lisa asked me to post some more pickies of my beach walks, so here they are!
This shot is down at the jetty at the harbour. There is mooring for quite a large number of boats; this is only a very small section of it. Nearby is the Fish Co-op where I can buy the day's catch for sale.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
These rainbow lorikeets love the grevilleas. These are some photos of feed-time on the Honeybird Yellow Grevillia, which is most definitely their favourite of the grevilleas in my garden. along with Birdsong which is the gorgeous Orange one on my Verse of the week - see sidebar.
Truly God's creation is very, very beautiful!
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Now it looks like some of red paint has bled but the glue size has red paint in it to see where have done it and it is dry in a few spot so it is red, mostly the pale pink bits are where the gold leaf will be next week, God willing.
Those of you who may have Get well , Thinking of You, etc. card check out this kind idea to help Ellys on Sheree’s blog in Canada (click here)… a generous thought indeed, and one amazing story of one lady's courage and there is really great CANDY folks! Yummo! hope I win!
Well thanks for peeking everyone, happy WOYWW and may God bless your day wherever you may be,
Sunday, July 3, 2011
The key to successful brayering is using the right paper ( I use glossy a good one, I find it easier - Kromecote if you can find it - is really great or Stampin Up Glossy is not too bad) and using a light touch when rolling the brayer.