Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Saturday 8 September 2012

Consider the Clouds.

(WOYWW post below, sorry)
My dear dad is the one who taught me to love clouds.
When I was young, we would sit on the sandhills watching such clouds as they rolled across the sea.
There we watched the glory of the storm as it approached us, then took refuge in our tent.
I well remember one day when about twelve, new to town, and there we were were on what seemed to be the top of our new town, looking at and talking of these wonderful clouds above us....
To me now, they are the finger of God pointing the way to Him.
I was reading Our Daily Bread (by RBC - Link here - and here) again this morning, and thought I would really like to share this. It was titled Consider the Clouds.

The passage used was from the wonderful book of Job - Job 37:1 - 16 (for link click here). Here is the Our Daily Bread excerpt - by David Roper

"One day many years ago my boys and I were lying on our backs in the yard watching the clouds drift by.
"Dad", one asked, "why do clouds float?"
"Well, son," I began, intending to give him the benefit of my vast knowledge, then I lapsed into silence. " I dont know," I admitted, but I will find out for you."
The answer I discovered is that condensed moisture, descending by gravity, meets warmer temperatures rising from the land. That moisture the changes into vapour and ascends back into the air. That is the natural explanation for the phenomenon.
But natural explanations are not final answers.
Clouds float because God in His wisdom ordered the Natural Laws in such a way, that they reveal "the wondrous works of Him who is perfect in knowledge." Job 37:16
Clouds can be thought of as a symbol - and outward and visible sign of God's goodness and grace in creation.
Remember this: the One who makes all things beautiful makes the clouds float through the air. He does so to call us to look with wonder and adoration, and to look to Him for salvation
The heavens - the cumulus, stratus, nimbus and cirrus clouds - declare the glory of God.

Creation is filled with signs that point to the Creator. "

This reminded me of the passage in Psalm 8: 3, 4a.
"[3] When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; [4] What is man, that thou art mindful of him?..."

I have had a rather topsy turvy week with some very stressful things (now, God willing, are ironed out).
However, when it seems like everything is hitting the fan, I find it is great comfort to know with all my heart - God is there in it!
God, Who formed the beauty of the clouds or the beauty of the sea, the glory of the rose. etc., the whole of creation, God - He cares for me (and you)!
In the depth and length and breadth of the problem I am (or you are) going through - He is in it with me (and you).. and will bring us through the other side of it.
My dad loves to paint the clouds he loves, too. This is one of his paintings North Wall beach looking south over to the Jetty and the Marina - you can just see the masts of the boats.

I pray for each of you who read this, that it might really bless you heart, and that the LORD might walk with you through the rest of your day, wherever you may be, and bless you in it all.

Thanks so much for popping over for a peek and chat,
Shaz in Oz.x

PS I would also like to link this post over to this weeks Little Birdee Blessings blog hop, as this week it is as shown below - please take look at the rest!

~ Increased Strength~

Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the LORD,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might
He increases strength.
Isaiah 40:28-29 (NKJV)

13 comments:

brenda said...

Clearly your Dad was a great inspiration to your Shaz, as was mine. I thank mine daily my love of nature and all it's wonders.

Clearly your's was also a very talented artist.

I too have a total fascination of the sky and all the cloud formations. In fact we can be out and about and the family pre empt me asking if we need to stop and take a photo of the clouds, especially at sunset as they are spectacular here in the Fens.

Have a lovely weekend.

B x

Sandie said...

Wow, your Dad is an amazing artist Shaz, that painting is divine! Hope your stresses ease and all is going well in other areas of your life...

Victoria said...

Thank you for sharing such a lovely devotional. Your dad's painting is absolutely incredible!

Myrna said...

What a wonderful post this morning!!!! Love the story and the paintings are fabulous.
Myrna

Anne said...

Hi Sis! I too loved the devotional from RBC and your post is wonderful Your Dad is a beautiful artist, give him a well done hug from me! His love of the sky and of art is an inspiratoin to us all, as indeed you are my friend! Bon dimanche!

Unknown said...

Inspiring post and wonderful painting by your dad. Thanks for sharing.

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Hi Shaz, Thanks for sharing a beautiful glimpse of where you live. Your dad's painting is breathtaking. Thanks also for linking to my blog post. I appreciate all that you have here. ~ Abby

Lindsay Weirich said...

I can not upload the video straight to my blog. I upload it to YouTube and them embed it into my blog. So sign up for a free you tube account and upload your video-it's easy! Then when you are writing your post and you get to where you want your video click insert (well, that is what you do in wordpress) then from URL (or web) and paste the you tube adress in there. You might need to click "add video" from your blogger dashboard, it has been a while since I have use a blogger account but hopefully that makes sence:)

Joyce across the Pond said...

Aah, that verse from Psalm 8 is one I would love to write out and 'illustrate' - afterall how hard is it to make stars in a dark sky? And....how hard would it be to write with a pale gouache on black paper? How many hours playing would it take.....a lot, I know fine well, but it is still a verse I'd like to do sometime...not just at the minute LOL!!
Of course I knew Dad is a master artist.
This time 3 days time I'll have been above those clouds and it always prompts me to wonder about Heaven....great thought!

MaryH said...

Hi Shaz, Just found your beautiful blog, through Lori (http://stampninklady.blogspot.com/) and joined your site. I will be back visiting you often. And when you have time, I hope you will come visit me also.

sharon said...

Shaz such a wonderful painting by your dad, you must be so very proud of him.I enjoyed reading your daily bread.
hugs
sharon

Neet said...

Thank You my friend.
Love
Neet xx

Sarn said...

WOW - Shaz . . .you're Dad's painting is totally amazing . . . there's obviously a lot of talent in your family.

I am a big sky watcher too!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...