Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Friday 6 March 2015

Bokeh Method with Cards, WOYWW 300+ Snippets Annie's smiles.

Hullo there everyone, well rather weary today after trip yesterday to big smoke - fly down and back in one day, medical but all is well .. 
 I wanted to post this method below as it is really fun method, and also this week if the 300th WOYWW (What is on Your Workdesk Wednesday) ~ share with the desks of the world! It is held over at Julia's Stamping Ground, and whatta trooper Julia is .. 300 WOYWW's!(well bar one in last year when her gall had the gall to intervene) 
Thanks so very much Julia - have learned so much from WOYWW, plus have made so many great friends.
I was actually going to meet up with fellow WOYWW-er yesterday (Thursday) RosA of Emerald city, but pulled out day before, as was too unsure of time element. Planes are easy to miss... :D
Well to my desk a while back. I am trying for the very first time the BOKEH technique (pronounced either /ˈbk/ BOH-kay or /ˈbkə/ BOH-kə, Japanese: [boke]) is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens).  
It was the technique of month over at OSA. The best video I found was one just after I did this, by Splitcoasters see here. My page on Pinterest has lots of pins see here
LESSON 1: dont get it too wet or it will dry blotchy like mine.. I used distress inks  on watercolour but worked out afterwards used the wrong side of watercolour paper pad too (slow, very! are some folk :D)
LESSON 2
: think re-inkers would be better as in the video but dont have many of those,
LESSON 3:  when you die cut use a heavier quality piece of acetate as you can get, mine was, as was scrap from a lid, but noticed the video she had trouble with that. The white bubbles are overlapped and are done with chalk ink, it is better really if you dry between, I also did the different sizes it three (odd numbers -> better balance) of larger size then five (or so of next size and more of last size. Would not bother with tiny ones again as you cant get them light and dont like that.
The one completed here has extra large Artneko Kanji stamped on vellum and white embossed http://www.artneko.com/displayItem/A149-0003 Beautiful to stamp!
Video idea for this one is here. Stamp on vellum with Versafine jet back, embossed with clear then coloured with two mauve / lavender Brilliance inks. Stamp is Penny Black Slapstick cling  (40-099 Soft wings), from the playground - thanks Di, some time back :D
Verse is a favourite as folk who come here may know is Copyright 2006, bought on Ebay few years ago - by Stampabilities, GR1114. Still not sure I like this particular style of Bokeh method on this card. This is for Sue, for folks who pray for her, she is in hospital in UK, post chemo.
Last of all for today's Aussie images  .. the pineapple which we saw as a baby here down in the backyard, (and bigger, see here).
Taken the day it is was picked/ fell off 28th of Feb, 2015 - it had nearly fallen off, as fruit and top were so heavy and grew tad crooked.
In Front: the top from previous pineapple picked from plant .. see here
Didn't put ruler down very well but roughly 15cm, or 6"
Just pineapple bottom before cutting up - weight 629grams or 1.38pounds. I will add update when cut - it smells the best have smelt!!
Some snippets here so off to the Snippets Playground, as well as Word Art Wednesday .. Yay! and of course WOYWW - even if two days late! And as it is Friday tis time for Friday Smiles so will pop over to Annie's smiles too as this pineapple truly put a smile on my face .. :D
 
Every blessing of the LORD everyone where ever you maybe and thanks so much for popping over for peek and chat.. 

(Mm, am way behind commenting these days so will call back eventually, God willing, however I REALLY appreciate every one who cares enough to comment- thank YOU!)

Shaz in Oz.x 

" Fear not, but let thy hands be strong." 
"Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: Thy blessing is upon Thy people." 
 Zechariah 8:13, Psalm 3:8
 

1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on cards. http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au 
2..Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au.
3. http://www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/watercolor-theme-vsc-challenge-32.html

26 comments:

Annie said...

It's so good to see you joining in with your smiles this week.....I really love that little pineapple and can almost smell it from here. I just love the smell of fresh pineapple.
Hugs,
Annie x

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Fantastic
hugs Tamara

Artatag said...

I envy you for having pineapples in the garden - a dream for me!
Hugs
Gabriele 26

sandra de said...

Lovely to see you harvest the pineapple and I think we almost got to meet up. Never mind ... next time you are in Sydney we will try for a catch up.
sandra de

Betsy said...

Beautiful cards as alway Shaz. I especially like the butterfly and verse.
Wow! The pineapple did well! I can almost smell it here. I'll be waiting to see if it tastes as sweet as it looks.
Blessings,
Betsy

Bonnie said...

I have so enjoyed catching up with your posts! You have me itching to play with some new to me techniques! Beautiful cards here!

JoZart Designs said...

Glad to hear you are ok.
I love pineapple and I bet that one tastes relish. Some lovely artwork there Shaz,
jo x

Di said...

Wonderful card Shaz - and I'm so happy to see you using the PB butterfly stamp you won in the Playground. Gosh, I neeeed to have a go at doing Bokeh toot sweet.

And as others have said, I can almost smell your pineapple all the way here in the UK! Yummy!!

Hugs

Di xx

JD/ Jill said...

Your cards are lovely! Thank you for the step by step instructions on how you made your cards. That technique is on my to do list. Hope to try it myself today.
Your pineapple looks so good, sure made me hungry for some fresh pineapple!

Brenda in IN said...

Having your own pineapples in the yard would be wonderful. We eat so much of it. You learn something each time you make a card so I think you did great for your first attempt. Thanks for passing on your tips. The butterfly card is so pretty.

fairy thoughts said...

Hi shaz that's a really interesting technique with great results.
You are obviously very proud of your pineapple ..... Funny it's about the only fruit I cannot get close to. I'm sure it will be delicious .... Because you grew it
Enjoy
Janet

mamapez5 said...

Wow. What fun to grow your own pineapple. I buy lovely ones here but I don´t think they are grown in Spain. I bet yours will taste that little bit better, just because you grew it! Kate x

Conniecrafter said...

I just tried this technique last night, you used a few more circles then I did, I do love the effect! IT also looks great around your butterfly, pretty touch

Stephanie said...

Hello sweet friend! Your pineapple looks so yummy! You are so lucky to be able to grow your own :)

Hugs to you, my dear!

Rossella said...

I love those cards and I can nearly taste the pineapple.
Rosie x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, I must apologise, it's such a long time since I popped in to see what you have been doing. Love your bokeh effect background and the finished card is lovely. And how lovely to be able to grow pineapples outside in your garden - hope it tasted as good as it looked. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello, Shaz! I love this creative and beautiful card. Thanks SO much for sharing it in our challenge, and for your sweet and encouraging words. Have a blessed week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. Our challenge this month at V's Sweet Ideas is water color, and this would be just PERFECT. I hope you will link it up there as well. You can find that challenge here:
www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz, what a lovely post, you have me smiling with your comments on how to achieve the best with the Bokeh technique...I love it have made some cards myself...your two cards are lovely. Have a wonderful week Cheers Robyn

Stephanie said...

Your cards are beautiful -- the butterfly one is my favorite. I love the colors. I haven't tackled bokeh yet....maybe I should. :) I'm now a google follower. :)

Anne said...

Hello Shaz sorry I didn't visit earlier . You'd not posted when I last checked and then I've been away visiting my eldest son and family - they live in Yorkshire. I want to try the Bokeh technique and hope I might do it with one of my classes. The pineapple looks yummy - hope it is. Anne x #38

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Shaz,
Your papers look great and they made wonderful cards!

Call me silly but I thought pineapples grew on trees..... maybe I'm thinking of coconuts?!?

Happy very belated WOYWW
Hugs,
Kay (59)

Shoshi said...

Once Mr. Mojo and Mrs. Muse return, the Bokeh technique is one I am keen to try. As for the pineapple - that's a little star! I adore fresh pineapple (but not for much longer I fear) but have never eaten one THAT fresh!

Thanks for your lovely comment and your good wishes for my upcoming surgery. Sorry to hear that you are another who can't enjoy Chinese, much as you would like to!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #45

Hettie said...

Lovely cards there Shaz. We always used to try and grow a pineapple if ever we got a fresh one, and when I was a kid that was very rare. I do love fresh pineapple and the Girls love to eat the peel too!!
Hugs
xx

Anne said...

Beautiful cards and Sue will adore the butterfly as she loves them! Your bokeh technique looks spectacular! Bravo! Your pineapple looks divine......:O)xxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful technique- love the cards you made using this technique--love seeing all of the different samples of the technique. Also love the picture of the pineapple- how fun!

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi Shaz, I missed this post and your cards are just glorious!! I especially love the vellum and kanji card!! So beautiful!!
Hugs,
Ginny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...