Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Extend or Enlarge a Die + 200th WAW + Snippets + WOYWW

Well yes, we could say how quickly this year is going .. but we wont, eh? However it is Wednesday.. so several link overs needed.
So over to Word Art Wednesday .. they are Celebrating 200 post, with a BIG BANG!
Plus to desks of the world for WOYWW or What is On Your workdesk Wednesday.. pop over to our  Julia's Stamping Ground!
AND Darnell's there is NBUS Challenge no. 5 - woohoo!!...so do pop over there now! 
To my desk- several, again in fact:
Woohoo!! Lookee-see! what has arrived downunder in record time. I know Miss posted this goodie bag of two dies on Thursday, it arrived chez moi today - Wednesday. ie five post days to get all the way to get to the other side of the world. A scenery die for MB and a Choo Choo train from Cheery Lynn. Thanks Miss! really 'preciate it so very, very, very, very much! and look at the ultra cheery and cute card below too from pixie post :D
On my desk I was working on Christmas cards, Monday was trying some CAS designs - masking inking + stamps. Love stamp press for this, so stamp is still on there but it has been cleaned - tend to be fussy about that .. not at all tidy, but do clean stamps :D

How to extend or enlarge a die .. lots know how but some don't. Took me a while to sort it out. This is a Googled digi saved + added words. Cutting with a Spellbinder Pierced rectangle.
1. Cut in two stages Place how far the first cut has to go to and pull the top plate just bit back from bottom so where you dont want to cut is protected. You can enlarge Embossing folders similar way see here.

 

2. Lift off diecut and turn it over, tear off edges of side that is cut. Work out (as best you can with finger feel) where the dots and cut match ( also check on other side to see it is right cut)
3. Then put top plate (yes, well worn) on top. Pull it back from where the piece is already cut.
Note several things
-
PASS 1: the die is face down PASS 2: die is face up so you can see it better.
I use clear re-positionable tape at all times when doing this. See the clear tape on sides, also note the end of die has the cut piece going over the top of it.
4. The same principle works for shortening a die too; as on card last week here for square die, made it into smaller rectangle. Any questions etc, please ask. May not have made clear enough.
The card finished. A Father's day card (6.9.15 downunder) for my darling dad. Cant see it, but digi is 3D - if you look really closely you can see in middle where dots don't quite meet; as first time had extended this die. Think I could do much better next time.
This is my NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) card ..  the very first time I'd used this beautiful die..
My second card is one done ages ago now, for a friends birthday on 5.8.15. begun on this desk here. The label with birthday greeting is one of SB fancy labels set. The white embossed square, is meant to be used with vellum and hand work, but have embossed it with mat + handcut.
Two Aussie shots today both floral variety; yay! it's Spring downunder!
With days like today, which was picture perfect, we are really being blessed. This is a Begonia flowering its heart out in courtyard garden. The vase below has been replaced since then, is a mixture of very fragrant sweet-peas, lavender + roses (Guitar, Sutter's Gold, + Delores).

Thinking of and praying for our dear friend, ShazSilverwolf and Doug, plus family as well (click on Shaz's blog image at top of sidebar, for Doug's updates).

Well, thanks for peeking everyone, happy WOYWW and may God bless your day wherever you may be,  
Shaz in Oz. x

Jesus said:  "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My words shall not pass away." Mark 13:31

Challenges I am linking over to:
1. Di's Snippety challenge - Used  a number of snippets on both card http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/  
2..Word Art Wednesday - anything goes, both cards    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au
3.NBUS no 5. ends 11:55 p.m. PST Sept 18, 2015   http://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/09/its-here-nbus-challenge-5.html

26 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Shaz. I love your cards and your flowers are ,as always, just gorgeous....I've been out snapping flowers in our garden and will probably share mine on Friday if you'd like to pop back for a peep.
Hugs,
Annie x # 10

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a lovely lot of happy mail! That must have been lovely to receive that through the post :-) and your cards are fab, especially the froggy one, that made me smile!
Doug (Shaz's hubby) has updated her cancer blog today so there's a lot more info on what's been going on.
Hugs,
LLJ 12 xx

Barb said...

Two lovely cards Shaz. The frog is really cute. You've certainly got lots of super goodies to play with plus a lovely card from Miss Di.

I didn't know about extending the cutting so thank you so much for the very clear instructions. Barbxx

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Shaz, happy WOYWW and thanks for the visit. That sure was a quick post from OS takes that long between states here. Great tut on extending your dies/embossing I do that too...love that frog card. That begonia sure loves living in the courtyard, flowering beautifully. Have a fab week Cheers RobynO#19

Sarn said...

Hi Shaz . . . thanks for the peek at your desk today and also for the tutorial on extending cutting dies.

Your cards are simply wonderful.

Thanks for the spring shots from Oz too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lisca said...

Lovely cards Shaz! The frog one is really cute. I didn't understand your tutorial. I must sit down especially and go through it again. 'Cause it might be useful. (I'm sure it will be useful)
The flowers are gorgeous. I love begonias and used to have (tuber) hanging begonias in every hanging basket in the garden.
The sweet peas and roses are beautiful too.
You are blessed.
Yes, we are praying for Shaz (Silverwolf) and Doug too.
Have a good week,
Lisca#17

Ginny Maxam said...

Beautiful cards today Shaz, I do love tree frogs! Thanks for the tutorial too! Thank you for sharing your Art with us here at Word Art Wednesday's 200th Challenge! Ginny, WAW DT

Tilly Tea Dance said...

Thanks for the peek at your desk today Shaz, your froggy card is brilliant! Happy WOYWW, Max #24

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Shaz Downunder! Five days from the UK to Oz, wow! That must be some sort of a record. The froggy cards is just too cute! Happy crafting! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #28

Betsy said...

Here we're cutting fall arrangements. It always seems strange to me that elsewhere it's spring! Funny you got your package in five days. I can mail a letter across town and it isn't recieved for a week!
Blessings,
Betsy

Sue Jones said...

I love your cards- what lovely gifts too! Have a great week xx thanks for visiting me earlier Soojay

Princess Judy Palmer said...


I get the concept on how you extend dies but I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure it takes a bit of fiddling to feel comfortable with it. It is a good way to get more "mileage" out of your dies. I have to say I'm very impressed with the international post--5 days! Sometimes it takes my letters 5 days to get to the neighboring state. Great cards, btw! Judy #38

Kathleen said...

Fabulous post, love your image on the extended die tut. and also love your well used die plate, looks very much like mine.

Kath x

Oh sorry, congratulations on the package from Miss.

Unknown said...

Your "tutorial" is great! I'd forgotten so much like that so reminder is fantastic! The cards are just beautiful! And the flowers, wow!! Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #32

Jean said...

Such fun cards! Love seeing your plate! Looks like it is well loved!

Natalie said...

Love learning new ways to use the dies. (they are an investment!) Your cards are lovely and those roses in the bouquet are gorgeous, too! So glad you have joined in our celebration of 200 challenges at Word Art Wednesday! Thanks for playing along!! May God richly bless you!

Twiglet said...

I love popping over here - your flowers are gorgeous and you are so clever with your crafty activities! x Jo

Neet said...

Your instructions are perfect and your cards and flowers are amazing. I wish I could have a begonia like that outside my door.
Am enjoying the flowers I am seeing here in Spain, think I might have to move here (joking, but wouldn't mind). Keep showing us the beauties thT you have, cards, flowers, plants and scenes.
Hugs, Neet xx

RosA said...

Hi Shaz

That's a clever idea about extending the dies.
Love those cards with the multi coloured blue/lilac strip through the middle. And is it a starry stamp you have used there?

RosA # 30

Karen Letchworth said...

Absolutely awesome, my friend. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. It's always a joy to have you join us. Have a wonderful week, and may God bless you in a very special way this week. I'm so grateful for your fellowship and willingness to share your talents with us through linking up your beautiful art to our challenges. You are part of God's blessings at Word Art Wednesday over these 200 challenges, and we're so grateful for faithful followers and supports like you who share in our weekly posts, pray for us, praise His precious Word with us, and glorify in His awesome name for providing so much to this little ministry. I truly praise God for you. Thanks for everything you do to encourage Word Art Wednesday.
God bless you always,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Shelly Schmidt said...

You are so productive! Love the Christmas card- and the tutorial to extend the doe is great- love the cute frog image it is wonderful! Have a wonderful week- love your flower pictures : )

Helen said...

Great cards, and a very useful tutorial about the dies.. I never really think of Australia as being cold in winter, for some reason I always think it's just hot, all year round... enjoy Spring!! oh, and you were nearly right with my secret, well done! All (most) is revealed today. Helen 4

Conniecrafter said...

That is very neat, I have heard of doing that but have never given it a try myself, your flower card is just gorgeous!Beautiful framing with that die.
Your spring flowers are just lovely. We have seen a few leaves turning already here so fall is on it's way here, it is so weird to see the different seasons at the same time.

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Both card are fantastic but I have to say the froggie really stole my heart! He is just too cute! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

JD/ Jill said...

Great cards...and lots of nice things to see here...

Your plate looks a lot like mine...well loved...smile!

Darnell said...

What a fun post, Shaz! I was engaged from top to bottom! Of course, you know I adore your frog card and really appreciate the photo tute on how to make adjustments! Everything else was awesome, too! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5! And thank you for understanding and forgiving me for being so late to comment! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...