Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 15 May 2016

How to Do Easy 3D Stamped Images - Bizzy Bec's DT with Penny Black "In the Garden" Stamps

 (Warning: Long tutorial - simple, not complicated. I just wanted to explain fully to help others).

Hi folks - am here with another tutorial! :D
This is 3D images with stamps - a favourite in this instance, Penny Black!
Bec has such exceptional prices on these, I was thrilled when saw:
Here is the first card made with this set, not done in 3D. Stamped in black + embossed, coloured with watercolour markers. Then decided to 3D the second card.
 {Used: *Penny Black "In the Garden" stamp set *Memory Box Pinpoint circles. Other items from stash

Just showing quickly here how I added a shadow around this scalloped image, as it did not stand out enough on like coloured DP. So cute same size SB Scalloped circle die in contrasting one then added it split on back to shadow the scallops.
Image now stands out better on card. :D
You create your own scene with these images, as there are all different elements from which to chose. I always practise on a scrap sheet before leaping onto good paper. Used to do more stamping for 3D work, now I find you really don't need to do lots of multiple stamping.
Here is the amount of stamping for this 3D scene. A good background, then elements you wish to 3D on another piece. The cat and basket will be cut out separately, so they are shaped and glued individually.
I use Tombows watercolour pens to colour these images and found this great parchment paper in Australia that is perfect for blending with these. It is 80gsm as you do not use heavy card to 3D images you are going to shape. NOTE: I have gone around the cut edges with a grey pen so as to tone in the whiteness of the edges.
Shaping tool, the white plastic one is great, (however couldn't find one online??).  Highly recommend it, but use finer one too. I bought white one at a craft show in 2010 with shaping mat, saw 3D work on cards for first time there - they didn't use stamped images though. Saw those on Debby's blog here - but her technique is a bit different. Use the glue she uses though that was a great thing to learn.
Items used: *Shaping Tool *Foam molding mat *Silicone glue - available from Bec.
 Here I am gluing. Use "Clear Silicone adhesive" packaged by Woodware {** see below note}. Several things to note about silicone glue. I dont use the fine tip applicator that comes with this one. It was useless.. or it maybe me.  ;)
1. I simply squeeze an amount out on scrap paper as shown here.
2. Used the small skewer to clear the dried clog at top of tube, to get to the usable glue.
3. then squeezed a blob to scrap paper, use tooth pick to add it to where I need it.
4. For a large shaped area put a good blob, just add fine bits to edge so they adhere.
5. Don't fuss if it gets where it shouldn't. Several hours later when it is dry you can just rub it off those areas with your fingers.
Small area of glue is around top of flowers in pot, it will be rubbed off when dry, leaving it just where it should be.
Here you see the basket and cat was one image but cut now so it defined and looks like cat's paws are hanging over the basket. From just one image, not two as I would have done once.
This is the finished second card which was done with 3D.
  Items used: **
Pre-order Blackberry Lane papers by Wild Rose Studio pads
**Pre-order Our Daily Bread Beautiful Borders die set.
Close up of 3D work, coloured with same pens, background was sponged, while still in die to get crisp white shadow edge, with Distress ink and hand cut hills and clouds mask.
I cut the lower part of head of cat at neckline so as to separate the shapes of head and body.
Die is X-cut Victorian Squares, I think? and Circles EF, disc.
Congratulations if you've hung in until the end! 
I hope this explanation helps you want to try it, as it is not as hard as it may seem. Especially if you dont mind cutting out fine detail. I find it very therapeutic.  
 
Thanks so very much for popping over! 
Please say hi - to let me know you've been by!

Shaz in Oz.x 
 "In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God."
Psalm 62:7 

**  I've had some queries in comments about the silicone glue ... you can also use the foam square if you prefer. I like the glue better, you can round edges easier than with foam square. The foam squares are more rigid too, the silicone glue is flexible for posting, etc. However, sometimes you may prefer more rigid -  if you prefer more rigid then by all means use the mini foam squares. Whatever works for you. The glue I use is from here.
Linking up to: 
 1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes, both cards   http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au 
 

2. Di's Snippety challenge - Used snippets, on die cuts, and stamped images too.  http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/
3. Stamping Sensations May Challenge - anything goes, as long as it is stamped.
4. Simon Says Monday challenge - emboss it. Wet and dry embossing on second card, wet on first card.
5. Simon Says Wednesday challenge - flowers (in the pot on both cards, plus roses on the basket)

27 comments:

Barb said...

Two really lovely cards Shaz. I think we all love the PB critters.

What a great tutorial. I really enjoyed it. I have 3D'd stamps before but your way is much better. Thank you for sharing. Barbxx

Betsy said...

I hung in till the end although I didn't understand much of it as I'm not a card maker. But...I think those little critters are just so sweet. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Betsy

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Shaz, fabulous cards, love the images and your designs. Thanks too for the tutorial, Kate x

Natalie said...

Outstanding!! I love the 3D effect, super sweet kitty cards. So glad you've shared it with us at Word Art Wednesday, I hope lots of the gals will come and check out your tutorial! Blessings!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Always I love kitties and these so fat are sweet, cute and fun :D Love their smiling faces! Your 3D cards look really great! Thank you for the step by step tutorial, I want try, one day. I haven't silicone glue, and Australia is so far from me :D, but I will thought to an alternative item.
Thanks for sharing. And also for your lovely comments on my blog :)

Cara said...

Lovely cards and great explanation of how to 3D. Have a great weekend, Cara x

sharon said...

Two beautiful cards Shaz, love the Penny Black stamps.
hugs
sharon :)

brenda said...

Two super cards with the cute OB images Shaz, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

Was going to say have a good Sunday but I always lost sight of the fact you are hours ahead of us.

B x

Di said...

Brilliant Shaz! So informative and a great result! I also love the tip for extending the scalloped circle die cut, genius!

Hugs

Di xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Shaz this is fabulous - I have not tried any 3-D work on cards - you have inspired me.
Blessings
Maxine

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card and beautiful image...awesome colours. and a WONDERFUL tutuorial..xx..{aNNie}

Andrea said...

Hi Shaz fabulous card and what stunning colouring,those stamps are so cute. I need to start posting again.|I'm always having a look at what you've been up to, your posts are always fab and I love your photos but had stopped leaving a commment ...not sure why?... anyway that was then I love your work and thanks for a great tutorial and as alwyas a lovely post ..
best wishes arty andrea

Pia S said...

I'm not familiar with silicone glue. Do you prefer it to using 3d foam? That is what I tend to use. Long time since I last did 3d stamping, thanks for the reminder along with the helpful tips.
Your cat cards are so cute, I love cats and my family does too.

Viv said...

Great cards Shaz and a really helpful tutorial. Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations.

Maura said...

Such sweet cards, Shaz! To me, they look just perfect for the spring season! So glad you joined us in our challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Maura

Dora said...

Beautiful card and tutorial.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Sarn said...

Two lovely cards Shaz and the thanks for the tutorial. Must've taken ages to do!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Anne said...

I know this technique as paper plumping, t's cool and effective! Thanks for the reminder and the instructions! Also your tip on creating a scalloped shadow to your die...brilliant! Beautiful card mon amie! Bravo! xx

jenn shurkus said...

this is so sweet :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful work Shaz!! Love the dimension!! Very nice!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

scrappymo! said...

Both cards look beautiful. I love the 3 D look you achieved with these stamps. The images are really adorable too!

Thanks for your kind email, Shaz. I am OK but swamped with my Mum in Congestive heart failure and my daughter still recovering from that ankle surgery and needing a lot of help still as she can not drive for 3 or 4 more weeks.

LesleyG said...

Lovely cards, lots of fab tips, would never thought of splitting the scallop, and new term learned from Anne, paper plumping, love it xxx

Sunshine Country said...

Thank you for the comment you left on my blog recently~ I totally agree, Kristina Roy wrote a great book, that has been a favorite for many years in our household, as it's not hard to tell by my blog title. :) I enjoy making homemade cards, and it was a pleasure to see some of yours!

Conniecrafter said...

They are both such sweet cards, love those images and your coloring is just terrific, I love bringing dimension to the stamps, just brings the whole scene to life, LOVE IT!

Aileen said...

Thank you so much for that tutorial, both cards look wonderful. Have never thought of doing this, really gives a wonderful finish. Will have to keep my eyes open for that glue.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely cards- love the dimension- beautiful coloring!

dmgarafalo said...

That cat in the basket is so damn cute! Thank you for hunting me down, after I left the post I realized I did not leave my number & just could not figure out how to edit it! Hope you had a great weekend. Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...