Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Wednesday 15 June 2016

Darkroom Door Photo Stamp - Surfboards - Male Birthday

 (For WOYWW post click here or just scroll down.. thank you!)

Well, time already for the mid-month DT post for Bizzy Bec's, quite scary how quickly this comes around!
To the method ... step by step of course :D
Stamp the lovely stamp in black Versafine ink and emboss with clear EP
I had bought some lovely cheesecloth from Bec and wanted to use it with this, so sprayed the Dylusions teal spray + also perfect pearls spray. Has lovely sheen on this, just cant see it.
Here is the dyed cheesecloth (also used it as a stamp while it wet and juicy on some other card to right). It was too dark when done so I wrapped it up like a sausage and put a Rubber band down length of it, like we did for tie dyeing in the '70's. Then wet it all over again with water and took some of the colour out randomly with kitchen paper to get the mixed colour. Let it dry naturally.
Added some real sand from our beach, with some texture paste and masking tape.
Assembled card - coloured the sky with DI ink and hand made cloud masks. Added the colour to sea with Versamark and Perfect Pearls, and also the surfboards. Turquoise card on left was coloured from cheesecloth stamps above and added some more colour after embossing piece, I added some more inks to highlight. Only needed a third of cheesecloth which i dyed as it was folded over three times. Happy Birthday (LOTV) stamp was stamped in Versafine on cork and clear embossed. Background paper is some old stash of hand made paper from 1990's, shells and starfish also from stash.
 
loads of shimmer on this card....
Products used:
*Ranger Perfect Pearls PPP21803 Aged Patina
(available for order, as are Ranger products - see Bec.)
*Cheesecloth (out of stock, but also available through Bec.)
Thanks so VERY much for popping over for peek and chat... 
Shaz in Oz.x 

Just found out, top five prize for this card .. see here! thank YOU!

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 
Ecclesiastes 3:1
Linking up to:
1.Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au. 
2. Card or creation for a Guy - Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
3. Di's Snippety challenge - Used snippets, loads :D http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/

4. Crafty Cardmakers - Special male card   
http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/166-for-special-man.html

30 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Shaz, the colours and texture are brilliant, great image too,makes a super male card, Kate x

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeoous summer card Shaz
love it
hugs Tamara

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I don't know from when I can begin.... this card is so creative!!!
Love the cheesecloth that you have coloured, such fab blue shades! And the touch of real sand is just fabulous and give a lot of interest to the scene! The stamp with the surfboards and the sea is stunning, and you gave them a wonderful 3D look!
Love sooo much your own recycled paper, the starfish and the shells!! Great design and textures!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

REAL sand on your card? That's too cool. I really like that cheesecloth background. Very fun.

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Shaz. Love the design - very creative. xx

brenda said...

Stunning card Shaz and as you might guess I am now off in search of this stamp, it's a must have for my surf boy.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Shaz this is fabulous - love the 'real' sand and the died cheesecloth accents, never mind the embossed layers peeping out. Wonderful creation.
Blessings
Maxine

Cara said...

Love the textures you've created on this, fabulous. Cara x

aussie aNNie said...

Love the use of real sand...awesome card.xx {aNNie}

Glenda said...

What an awesome project. Thanks for showing what you are doing! I've not been able to be a part of this for awhile now and am so happy to be back among friends! Glenda #33

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, what an amazing card, loved the 'how-to', on the surfboard card.Love the technique you've used in the WOYWW post, I shall have to try that. Smashing ATC's you received, I do love the one you sent me. I saw those Rainbow Lorikeets last year when we visited a Zoo, I agree, they are very noisy! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 xxx

Sharon said...

The card is great! Very summery. I love seeing the whole process. Thanks for sharing!

Have a great week
Sharon K #39

Di said...

Wow Shaz - what a stunning card. It sums up the beach perfectly and so much texture too - love it!

Hugs

Di xx

dmgarafalo said...

Great card, love the work you did with the fabric. happy crafting donna #13

Neet said...

What a fabulous card Shaz. I like the image and I liked it in black and white too but the additions you have made to it sets it apart from anything I have seen. Fabulous!.
Have a good week,
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Kathleen said...

Brilliant card, great background and love the surfboards.
Oh just spotted those Iris on your work desk, they look very interesting and looks like a gorgeous card too.

Kath x

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Love the card! Love how you used the cheese cloth! Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #38

Brenda said...

Wow Sharon! This card is amazing!!! I love the cheesecloth, and I love that you used it while wet to make impressions on other paper. It just gives such a cool effect on the card. And as if I wasn't impressed enough with the cheesecloth, you add real sand! That just blew me away and it looks so cool! I love your coloring on the water and the boards. This is one amazing card my friend! Hugs, Brenda

ToadilyDiane said...

What an awesome project - so cute. Thanks for the step by step/
Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #42

Anne said...

This is stunning! I love the image but your multi-medium approach has blown me away, it is absolutely wowza! Bravo mon amie! xx

LisaDV said...

Amazing! Just so lovely. I didn't get around to posting my desk this week. Super busy. Have a Great Week! LisaDV

Faye said...

Quite a beautiful work of art, Shaz. Either my eyes are playing tricks or the date on this is incorrect by a month. It says July, not June. How did that happen since we don't control that part of the post? Thanks for your comments on the bear sighting in my neighborhood.

Sue - said...

Fabulous card Shaz. Perfect for a male birthday.

Kim Heggins said...

Just fabulous...what an incredible talent you have!

Carol said...

Great guy's card Shaz. I have a son and his son that surf, would be a good card for them. Appreciate all the work you put in with your descriptions and photos as you create your card.
Bless you. Carol x

Conniecrafter said...

such cool shimmer on the boards and love using the sand from the beach, great job on the sky!

Mrs A. said...

Amazing effect. The cheese cloth looks super and those surf boards certainly are cute. Thankyou for the tip on the fish bones. It will have to be a virtual card now as the recipient lives in Oz!!. Hugs Mrs A.
p.s. The fish bones are all cleaned ready and waiting for my mojo to appear!!!!

Pam said...

Very cool card. Love all the techniques used and real sand - awesome!
Thank you for joining our "For a Special Man" Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
:) Pam

Lin said...

Love all the added texture with the cheesecloth and the sand. And the surfboards look amazing.

Thanks for sharing in my 'special man' challenge.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

PS So envious of your fabulous location, lucky you! xx

Rebecca said...

Amazing card I love all the texture you have achieved. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Bec

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...