Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Sunday 25 September 2016

Scrappy Mo's Christmas Challenge - Upcycling!

Well, flying in with quick post of some very quick Christmas cards here.. over at Scrappy Mo's it is Christmas challenge time with Rudolph day. As time was of the essence, I made two quick cards from two cards received last year.. really did not do much to them as they were already very nice.
Really love this card, it says:
" Wise men still seek Him. The first wise men gave Christ treasures from their kingdoms, Today's wise men give Christ the treasures of their heart."
Holley Gerth.
I like the One Who is the real reason for Christmas to be on every single card  I make, that's the whole point. Added a star and bling plus gold background to this.
Very simple card this as the glittery dove made it easy. Found my star bling which will add to the stars if I think they look okay.
This is our red poinsettia in the courtyard .. it has been flowering its heart out for three months, here is back here on the 13th July post. it loves this spot!
Just along from it is the pink begonia and there is also a Vinca, I call it a weed flowering plant.. it grows where it wants not where you want it. :D
Well everyone, dont forget to pop over to Mo's for the Christmas card challenge .. this will be ending all too soon, as the year is racing away!

Please say hi - to let me know you've been by! 
May God bless your day wherever you maybe!

Shaz in Oz.x
 
"*For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6 
 
* this prophecy regarding the LORD Jesus was written approximately 700 years before Christ came.

Linking up to:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au
2. https://scrapsoflifebyscrappymo.blogspot.com.au/ 

21 comments:

KandA said...

Hi Shaz, two fabulous cards and such great upcycling - especially love that dove. Thanks for joining in the fun over at Rudolph Days xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such pretty creations
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sue - said...

Some great upcycling there Shaz! You poinsettias looks absolutely fabulous, it obviously likes the spot you've planted it in!

Betsy said...

Gorgeous cards Shaz! I agree. The One who is the reason should be at the very center of everything Christmas.
Blessings,
Betsy

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Well done! Great recycling for both your wonderful cards!
I enjoyed see your beautiful flowers, too!

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful up cycling Shaz, lovely traditional Christmas cards.
Your flowers are blooming gorgeous, Kate x

Kathleen said...

Two brilliant up cycling cards both images are certainly worth re-cycling.
Fab photo's too.

Kath x

Greta said...

Your flowers are beautiful! Can't imagine a poinsettia growing outside like this, although I know they have them year round in southern Cal. Lovely cards!

Barb said...

Two lovely cards Shaw. Great recycling. Your plants look lovely. There,s not much colour in our garden now. Barbxx

Louise F NZ said...

Beautiful cards and beautiful flowers, love the Vinka.

Liz said...

Great upcycling, Shaz, gorgeous cards. TFS the photos of the beautiful flowers too. xx

suzARTe said...

your flowers are beautiful and your card is gorgeous, love all the little details in your card.It would be fantastic if you shared this creation at Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
Susan xx

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful creations Shaz!! Your Christmas card is beautiful!! Love the pic of your Poinsettias!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

BożenA said...

Two beautiful card. I especially like the first card - very colorful and very exotic. She has this atmosphere Bethlejem
Hugs,
BożenA

RitaR said...

I agree with you .... I make sure each Christmas card I send out is centered around the true reason for Christmas! Your flowers are breathtakingly lovely ... thank you for sharing with all of us.

Brenda said...

What a great job at recycling those old Christmas card Sharon! I love them both and like you I like cards that show the true meaning of Christmas. OMGosh I love the flowers, especially the poinsettias! Wish we could grow them in the soil like ya'll do. Hope you are feeling better. Sorry to being a stranger, it's been so busy with the flooring and new pup as well as elderly sitting and making wedding favors. I'm exhausted as a puppy is so much work! Hugs, Brenda

Anne said...

Great cards, great ideas for reusing old cards and giving them new life! Beautifully done! Your pointsettia is gorgeous as too is your begonia! I love to see the plants and wildlife in your localality. We are having a balmy autumn, you guys are heading into spring......! TFS! xx

Pia S said...

They look beautiful. Great idea for quick makes and I'm not always in mood for coloring... And we all have items we could upcycle I guess...

scrappymo! said...

Your recycled cards are so beautiful. That gold star and the gold mirri background on the first card were the perfect finishing touches!

The second card is the most beautiful dove of peace I have seen. So ornate and beautiful.

Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph days Challenge.

PS You did leave a comment earlier, but I do not hit publish till I have visited the commenter. Currently I have 59 comments to respond to so have my work cut out today and tomorrow. I love visiting blogs but have been away on that cruise (it was wonderful and very relaxing) and we both came home with a very nasty cold and in fact this is the first day that I have left my bed! It knocked us for a loop.

Conniecrafter said...

it is good to be able to recycle your old cards, that is a great sentiment.
Wow your plants look terrific!!

MaryH said...

Great job on the recycled cards. Love the frame on the Wisemen, and of course the serene shades of color on that lovely peaceful dove. I love to see old cards recycled. What a blaze of color on your poinsettia. Was able to keep a potted one for 2 yrs, but it finally bit the dust. (I trimmed it at the wrong time I think..it had gotten way too leggy, and I didn't know you should wait until it finished blooming. Until _after_ I had cut it back!). We have Vinca-s here as well, yours is a particularly pretty one. TFS & Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...