Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 13 December 2016

Brushos meet Dragonlfies + early WOYWW

hi there one and all,
Popping in with a quick share as things are pretty full on here.
It's sort of a WOYWWing a day early too as tomorrow is very busy, although my desk has little to show. So tomorrow on Wednesday (and afterwards) pop over to Julia's desk for the deskland world wide hop.
Basically I was adding the stamp (see red handle) of my blog and card names to back of cards - hence Versamark, embossing powders and heat gun, as embossing means you can change colour without changing inks :D
This die of the dragonfly is one of the Chinese dies from eBay (thanks to ShazSilverwolf). A niece, whose birthday it was, loves dragonflies and so do I. This was piece of brusho experiment from few weeks back on gloss card, so decided to use same colours on background with spot mask. With scrap card, I wiped up excess of colour from masked brusho background and used for the greeting.
Colours used were mostly Lime green, Yellow Ochre and Sandstone, sprinkle on gloss then spritz.

Sweet and Sassy Clear mount set of Christmas stamps, a NBUS, saw a card of snowflakes and white masked down side and wanted itched to have a paly so made this card. The embossed gold greeting "Glory to the new born King" is by ODB. Actually really shimmery on inked panel but cant see it.
EDIT- had folks asking soooo:
Panel
was done with Distress inks after stamping in versamark and clear EP. I do an undercoat of base layer.. antique linen when blending as base coat gives smooth blending. Used reds and greens of DI two of each, and added Delicata Golden Glitz on top of masked panel, which gives gorgeous shimmer; also added it to edges of card to give it an aged look.
If ever there was a Christmassy tree, its the Poinciana, all red and green just glorious! this one was taken yesterday out on our drive. Below is close up of blossoms.
 
This was the beach, where we sat and ate our ice cream yesterday, first one looking south, second one looking north, a lovely summery weather here in Oz. Spoilt plus.
 

Thanks so much for popping over for peek and chat.. you are really appreciated!
Also a big welcome to a new encourager - but do not know blog so cant link...
So hi to LD Matte and please comment to let me know your blog so I can welcome you properly.

Don't forget to pop over to join in with Bizzy Bec's Anything Goes challenge.
You just might win that prize of that die or stamps, posted worldwide!

Shaz in Oz.x 
Joy to the world! The Lord is come.
Let earth receive her King
Let every heart
Prepare Him room
And heaven and nature sing
And heaven and nature sing
And heaven and heaven and nature sing.


Also joining up with
 Challenge at Dies Rus.
http://diesruschallenge.blogspot.com.au/  
1..Word Art Wednesday - anything goes     http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au  
2.. Crafty Hazlenut's  Extra Christmas challenge  http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.com.au/

29 comments:

Betsy said...

That dragonfly is beautiful! And as always, I love your Oz photos. The beach looks so good. We've had to shovel snow every day for the past 5 days! I'm ready for spring.
Blessings,
Betsy

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Shaz, my that dragonfly card is gorgeous. Must have a look for that die. So happy you are finding that link useful. I haven't had one that cuts badly yet! That tree is indeed glorious, and very Christmassy, I agree.So lovely to see your scenic photos, you do indeed live in a very beautiful spot on this planet of ours. Hugs and warm wishes, Shaz
xx

Kathy said...

Gorgeous photos Oz! Oh how I wish to be in warmth again! Thank you for following me, I'm not following you too! Blessings!
Kathy

Conniecrafter said...

Love the brusho background and the die looks great against it, I have not given these a try yet but the more I see them I may just have too :)
Love the graduating colors in the second card with the masking, I can see where your inspiration came from with the beautiful pictures you have shared, wow that plant gets nice and big, such beautiful sunshine after our gloomy day here.

Anne said...

Another stunning card! I ove those brusho backgrounds that you make. I could do with some of that summer sunshine, I am not a winter person!!!!! Brrrr! Your Poinciana is absolutel gorgeous, I agree, it is perfect for Christmas!!! xx

Debbie Harris said...

The beauty of your creations ALWAYS make me smile!
What a fun and colorful card. I love the embossing technique and would use it a lot back in the days I would create cards. I'm amazed at what is out there now for card making.
Your beach is lovely!!

Have a most glorious God filled day~~

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing dragonflies diecut panel and -wow- fabulous brushos background!! Love the border, too!! Definitely a wonderful card!
Love the second one, too!!
Lovely shots as always, and such a stunning plant!! Very festive!!

scrappymo! said...

Hi Shaz. That dragonfly card is beautiful. Lovely brusho background!
The second card is lovely too. I bet that sentiment sparkles IRL..

Your photos of your native Australia are gorgeous as always. I had never seen that particular tree before. IT is stunning.

Kathleen said...

The photo's are stunning.
Love the background of the dragonflies card and what a brilliant Christmas card, wonderful design and colours.

Kath x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Brusho 's are so fun to play with - gotta get them out- just love your card!!! Love your pictures- beautiful flowers, and nothing better than the beach!!!

Helen said...

now that is a Christmas tree! Fabulous cards. Helen #1

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Pretty cards. I should come visit. The outdoor photos are so inviting. It will be a -25 here tomorrow. 3 inches of snow cover and has been bitterly cold. Good for staying in, eating soup and warm homemade bread. Enjoy a great week .

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Shaz - I do love that die cut, and making it a silhouette against the colourful background was stunning. Your photos look amazing - Summer is playing peek a boo with us and will not stay around for more than a day at a time :-(
Blessings
Maxine

Kathyk said...

What a hive of industry - loving your cards and those beautiful photos

Happy WOYWW

Kathyk
#10

sandra de said...

Gorgeous pics and absolutely stunning flowering tree. I have finally got my watermarks and have found them very easy to use. I haven't needed to use any programs. Just copy and paste on a copy of the photo.... which is about all my little brain can cope with LOL. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That dragonfly card is beautiful, I bet you'll get so much use out of the die! And look at those beach shots...I'm not jealous, much!! 😃😃😃
Nice to see you getting out and about xx
Hugs, LLJ 11 xx

Anne said...

Beautiful cards Shaz. The tree is wonderful. Love the beach shots but I wold like it a bit crisper and colder here for Christmas. It's been mild and wet - horrid. Anne x #13

Sue said...

Hi Shaz, Loving your cards.

That bush is beautiful. It's like you have a giant Poinsettia in your garden.

The beach looks lovely.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #17

Neet said...

Shaz is doing well for the Chinese economy as I too have been encouraged to buy some dies from there LOL.
Love your backgrounds which always remind me to try Brusho on a glossy card - still to do!
The "Glory to the new born King" stamp is lovely and i do like that card especially. is it Distress Inks you used for the background?
Fab tree, how lucky to have such colour in your garden.
Thanks for your visit earlier and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Your brusho backgrounds are marvellous and I really like dragonflies! Thanks for popping in earlier! zsuzsa #21

Shoshi said...

What a lovely dragonfly card, Shaz. I llove dragonflies in pictures but not in real life (except from safely indoors!) - I am not brave about large flying insects! Thank you for sharing the pictures of your beautiful surroundings. I always find it hard to get my head around there being people enjoying summer weather and eating ice cream on the beach over the Christmas season! What a beautiful flowering tree.

Thanks for your lovely comment, and I'm sorry you have osteo too - hope you don't suffer from the SausageFingers syndrome! Glad you liked my leaves.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #18

Sharon said...

I was hoping you were going to post some sand and sunshine photos! I especially enjoy visiting your blog in winter just to feel a little of that warmth and to remember that the sun and warm will return.

Gorgeous cards. I love the dragonfly one. The colours are just gorgeous.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #27

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Both cards are so beautiful! I am partial to the brusho one, I don't have brushos so I am always amazed at the great results! The die is lovely too.

I really like the sentiment on the second card, it is lovely, too!

Your beachy photos are fun, it is warm here today with a high of 40F, but tomorrow will be well below freezing and windy so we are in for it!

Lindart said...

So odd to those of us who don't live in Oz, to have a summer Christmas! Your tree (bush?) is absolutely beautiful and very Christmasy! I've never seen anything like it before! So while we are digging out of snow drifts, you are enjoying the ocean and eating ice-cream! Isn't it a wonderful world! I also love dragonflies and your card is lovely - I really must get some of those Brushos! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #35

Julia Dunnit said...

Well, Poinciana must be a similar family to the Poinsettia surely! its amazing isn't it, fabulous delivery for December! I do like that your desk isn't overflowing with the panic of the season like mine is. That dragonfly card is just gorgeous, love the intensity of those brushos colours together, you have an eye for colour for sure.

Diana Taylor said...

Gorgeous cards - I love the Brusho's on gloss - very vibrant and really eye-catching with the black against it.
Lovely beach pics - you've got me day dreaming of holidays - it's grey and drizzly here!
Hope you have a great week,
Diana #20

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful photographs and lovely cards too. Happy belated woyww, Angela x 12

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful card!! The dragonflies are pretty. Beautiful photo.

serendipity said...

Hi Shaz, Thanks for stopping by and following my blog today - your v kind comments much appreciated.
It's so nice to find you, I love calligraphy, though my own efforts are woeful, I look forward to picking up tips. I love your dragon fly card and luckily that very die is due to arrive any day now (I'm another massive contributor to the Chinese economy!) - can't wait to get the Brushos out and get cracking.
Have a good day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...