Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Thursday 5 January 2017

Bizzy Bec's Anything Goes Challenge - Darkroom Door Butterfly Collage Post

{WOYWW post, just scroll below this or click here}

Hi one and all,
Well, time is racing away and we are already five days into the new year.
Today I am sharing with you the DT post for Bizzy Bec's January Anything Goes Challenge.

Firstly used embossing buddy to remove static .. see how to make one here. I then inked up the Darkroom Door  Collage Stamp - Butterfly Post with the luscious Versafine Pigment Ink - Majestic Blue, heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
Used Finetec (Pearl Colours - so very luscious to use) watercolour paints below to coat with rich gold, when paint was dry, buffed the rich blue embossing to remove the surface gold off the embossed part of image.
Snippets of navy, used the Tim Hotlz Sizzix Alterations folder Texture fade folder, called Dot Matrix Embossing folder.
I dry embossed it then rubbed over with Gold Opalite Pigment ink pad.
 Memory Box Pippi Butterfly, with some gold pearls. Mounted on snippet of navy.
 I really enjoyed making this card, Darkroom door stamps are great to use
... and dont forget to pop over and join in Bec's Anything Goes January challenge - you just might win the prize* :D 
 *if you entered last month dont get to check the winners too, on previous post. :D

To close here is an Aussie pickie - my nephew gave me an orchid for Christmas .. it had over a dozen florets on it, but sadly only three florets when I received it! He brought it down by train, the train hit two cows en route! not all smooth sailing.
Thanks so much everyone for popping over and saying hi!
And may God bless your day wherever you may be!
 Shaz in Oz.x
 Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5 

Joining up with: 
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au  
2. Di's snippets Challenge    http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com.au/ 
3.#231 Any thing Goes at :  http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.com.au/ 
4. Challenge at Dies R Us. Anything goes using die cuts (butterlfy). http://diesruschallenge.blogspot.com.au/   

5. Use something fresh/ new (Finetec Pearl paints and gold paper) Simon says Monday Challenge
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=7933
  

6.  Use something new (Finetec Pearl paints and gold paper) Simon says Wednesday Challenge
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-new-something/ 
7. Use something new (Finetec Pearl paints and gold paper) - http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com.au/2016/12/week-396-something-new_31.html 

34 comments:

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous colours and a great design.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous card in blue and gold! Love the matrix dots embossing and the fab butterflies!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Shaz - love that Pippi butterfly die :-) (Great minds....) and the blue and gold are great together.
Blessings sister
Maxine

scrappymo! said...

Your orchid survived so much...it is amazing that it has any blooms left!

Your card is lovely Shaz! I enjoyed reading the recipe too...

aussie aNNie said...

Your creation is beautiful Shaz, lovely stamps, and thank you for entering our challenge theme of SOMETHING NEW, at Allsorts Challenges, do hope to see you again. ♥
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

Di said...

Great card Shaz! And what a journey for your orchid! :(

Hugs

Di xx

Anne said...

A very elegant and beautiful card! I haven't heard of those paints before, they look gorgeous! Lovely to have an orchid, I have three and they are beautiful!

BożenA said...

Hello Shaz,
great card, I like the connection of gold with a deep blue color.
Do you know how to cultivate this orchid? They do not like the ground was still moist. It must be a time when a little moisture in the substrate. Well, the substrate can not be either ordinary soil / peat, it should be pine bark chips or coconut ...
Happy New Year, Shaz
Hugs,
BożenA

ELE said...

beautiful! Thank you for playing along at Brown Sugar this week.
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs
Brown Sugar DT
creativEle

Mervi said...

Another lovely card, you've been busy!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts' NEW Challenge;-))m

Pia S said...

In general I tend to use silver with blue. I'm not sure I've ever teamed blue with gold? Seeing this I don't know why, they're great colors together. I'd like a paint kit like the one you used here...

Kathleen said...

Sorry Shaz, I should have also added on my comment ..
Thank you for joining our 'Something New' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Brenda said...

Your card is stunning Sharon! I so love the color combo. I am like another person who commented in that I have used navy and silver together but not gold, but I am so loving it! Love those butterfly stamps too. Your orchid is gorgeous, shame it lost so many buds as your nephew rode the train to you. Wow, two cows?!! Nope, not a smooth trip at all for the flower or your nephew!! Hugs, Brena

Craftychris said...

What an absolutely beautiful card! The colour combo is stunning! Lovely orchid too even if a lot of flowers were lost. Happy New Year! xxx

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful card!! I made a lot of Christmas cards with navy and silver. I think I love this navy and gold more. Beautiful orchid! My grandmother had a lot of orchids in different types and shapes at her house.

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card...love your sweet stamped images, gorgeous. Too bad about your orchid, it really went through a lot, still beautiful.

Tracy Freeman said...

It is beautiful, the purple against the gold really pops and the overall card is just perfect.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Conniecrafter said...

Such pretty blue to go with that gold and I just love the textures in the card too, pretty stamp.
The flower is just lovely, sounds like it and your nephew went through quite an ordeal to get to you. Have a great weekend!

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes with Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Ginny Maxam said...

Love this card Shaz, your use of te gold medium is really superlative!
Really makes me want to purchase the paints and give it a try!! ;)
Hugs, Thank you for letting your light shine on Word Art Wednesday! Ginny M DT

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Dies R Us. We hope you will share more of your work in future challenges.

Kathy
DRU DT A

sharon said...

Gold and blue does look magnificent. The embossing behind the stamps is perfect. I think that I really do need to go shopping....wink!!!!
Have a wonderful week.
hugs
sharon :)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Shaz and thank you for showing us how you achieved it too.

Sue xx

BJ said...

Super card, love the navy and gold combo. Thanks for visiting my desk new with "puter". I'm going to challenge the WOYWWers this coming week with a "What's Changed" and just the new desk photo, I guess you'll have the heads up - LOL. BJ

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh wow, that card is just gorgeous! I just love the golden paint you used with the blue stamping. It looks rich!

I am so sorry to hear the train hit cows on the way! Is that a typical thing? We don't travel a lot by train here so I have no idea! Your orchid is lovely though and I am sure it will bring more blooms in time!

Meihsia Liu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love the beautiful image and sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing with us a Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the card Shaz, great texture and images. Don't worry about the orchid, it will flower again. I have loads of orchids and some of them have flowered for years and years. Happy crafty weekend,
Angela xXx

Mrs A. said...

The bathroom refurbishment is underway and the tiles are flying off the wall whilst we speak. The Doc and I have been banished to the dinning room whilst the installers get on with it. The Doc keeps popping his head round the banisters to keep checking on progress though!
Your card is gorgeous. I love the butterfly panel and such a gorgeous colour. You can call me thick as I always shied away from using clear embossing powder as thinking it wouldn't show up.! Never even gave it a thought to use a coloured ink pad. Der. Hugs Mrs A.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card, Shaz! I love the embossing. The orchid is beautiful and I'm thankful that some of the blooms survived the trip.
Hugs,
Em xxx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Shaz, pretty butterflies and lovely colours.
Pauline
x

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- the colors are so pretty together, and loving the addition of the butterfly! I wish for you a Blessed 2-17!!!

Aileen said...

Another stunner, beautiful Shaz.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So much gold! It is quite stunning. The train hit two cows? Goodness! What a trip that must have been.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...