Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Distress Inks + Sizzix Thinlits Mixed Media #2

Hi there friends! time for another DT post for Bizzy Bec's Online craft store.
Here's a peek...
 
Time for inkiness again.
Items used - all are Pre-order from Bizzy Bec's!
Distress Inks
-Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Dried Marigold, Cracked Pistachio, Fired Brick
 
 Tested this die combination on a scrap cardstock before launching into my good cardstock, to get position and size correct. Then marked it on the main card piece with pencil, and rubbed out later.
Using the Distress inks as listed above, smooched them generously over the water colour cardstock do more than you think you'll need as I had to re-ink it. Then spritz the back of paper with water so it stays flat, while you add water and glimmer or shimmer mist to top of ink. allow to dry.
Flatten inky watercolour paper, as it buckles. May put a telephone book on top, if time to wait, or run through your die cutting machine with embossing mat which is what I did to flatten it.
Now working on top sheet for card I wanted some light spatters so decided to use my brush and ink mat for this stage. Same colours used and light spatter was tested first on scrap trial run, I am pleased thus far .. this floral die was one I thought I wouldn't use in this set, but like it after all. :D
Layering up hugs die three hugs, from scraps + double sided tape, used my usual system of adding layers while still in base sheet.. to keep it all in place.
Finished card - popped it up on foam tape, added pearls as wanted them to compliment the shimmery card stock on base. I'm not an orange girl at all so quite new to be liking such card colours!
Hope you like it too!
Now don't forget to pop over  HERE at Bizzy Bec's and check out the other DT gorgeous creations, and please do join in ANYTHING GOES AUGUST CHALLENGE - to win that prize.
Pop by Bec's store, too, for her great bargain prices
.
 
 
 

Also wish to apologise for tardiness in commenting, been VERY busy here, see below! garden time! Winter rapidly passing into spring means many jobs to be done .... as you can see it is almost drought-like here, not much rain at all grass etc suffering, so we're mulching well indeed! Done back yard, but now need to do front!
 Pineapple patch... our large pineapple is growing and almost full size. The plant in front is sucker from plant behind, just transplanted two weeks ago. Has a baby coming already, just peeking out...
Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek and chat! 
May God bless your day wherever you may be.
Shaz in Oz.x

..." there is no God else beside Me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside Me."
Isaiah 45:21b

Linking up to:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/ 



20 comments:

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Shaz, the background is amazing and I love how it shows through the lovely die cut. xx

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful card Shaz! Love the colors you have used. So pretty. Love the shimmer.

loz said...

Beautiful card and technique Shaz. Your garden looks great...loz

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely design, this mixed media die cut is so beautiful with your inking and the dimensional sentiment!
Beautiful shots of your garden, too, you surely are very busy with it!

Kathleen said...

Brilliant creation Shaz, love the background and the design of the card, great die too.

Kath x

LilArtsyWoman said...

Awesome card with the distress and die. Love it.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous card Shaz. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Shaz, love the background :) The garden is looking great too !
Hugs Kaz xx

Betsy said...

Such a beautiful card dear Sister. The pearls set it off perfectly. Your garden is beautiful too. I know it's lots of work. It seems strange to think that you're beginning spring as we are beginning to think of fall. I have an appointment at the Spine clinic tomorrow for a 2nd opinion on my back. I'm praying that God will give them wisdom for an answer. I thank you for your sweet words and your prayers my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Shaz - love your colours, and the way you used the negative die cut panel as your feature.
Your gardens are way ahead of ours - its still cold and wet here!
Blessings
Maxine

Cara said...

This is so pretty and I love those warm oranges. Your garden is looking great. Very impressed with the pineapple x

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Sharon!! I can't believe y'all are. Coming out of winter. We are getting ready to go into fall and I'm not looking forward to winter. Might be snow heavy this winter but I'm praying not! Love your gardens - everything is looking nice. I wish I could send you some of our rain, we've had a lot of it this summer! Hugs, Brenda

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I was going to say I just love the colors you used, gives it such a great fall time look, which we are getting geared up for here :) Yes spring and summer are very busy times of the year with yard work ect.
Love the shimmer you brought to the card and love the die you framed the pretty flowers with!

Neet said...

Oh to be able to grow your own pineapples. No chance here in Manchester area! Looks as if it is a busy time in the garden, glad it keeps you fit with all that bending. Hope all is well my friend.
That is a lovely card and has given me another idea for Saturday - hope you don't mind - I will tell I spotted it on your blog.
Take care
Blessings, Neet xx

Janet Christensen said...

Wonderful card and I love the garden update.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Shaz, your card is beautiful. The colours on the background piece are gorgeous and the die is a beauty. How I would love to grow pineapples - it tastes so much better when it's fresh - but our climate here on the West Coast of Scotland is just not warm enough. Have a wonderful week. Elizabeth x

Di said...

What a stunning card Shaz! Love the die cut and the background is gorgeous. Always a delight to see photos of your side of the world as well.

Hugs

Di xx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, sweet Shaz, what a gorgeous card! I absolutely LOVE the colors and how they flow, and having the die with the beautiful Mixed Media die cut out is amazing! Add the hugs and pearls, and it makes such a lovely card. I just realized that I have the Mixed Media dies and never thought of doing this. Well, I'm pinning this card, because I'm going to CASE it. I love it!

Wow, your garden is beautiful, and look at the pineapples! Yes, your spring is coming, and that means a lot of work. But it's beautiful! Just take it easy and don't over do! Hugs and love, precious Shaz! xoxo

Pia S said...

A non fussy and stylish, colorful design. Great idea to use negative die cuts, I tend to forget about this option...

Robyn said...

stopping by for a long overdue visit. Work has kept me busy for far too long! Spent a little time rereading old post on my long neglected blog and wanted to stop by to say a great big thank you for your support over the years.
As always, my heart is lifted visiting here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...