Thank you for taking time to visit, and I hope I am even a tiny bit helpful as I have been helped and blessed by so many others. I have been doing Calligraphy since teens, and card making for many years as well. In 1990 I delighted in the joys of stamping with ink and embossing after a trip to Cairns, Qld. In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, also have now taking to reading up on crafting blogs and lo! Here I am, on one of my own.

I live on the coast of eastern Australia. I am a Christian. I trusted in the LORD down here at the beach, amazingly it is not far from where I now live. It was over 50 years ago, after a Beach Mission Service at the age of 12 years

Saturday 15 July 2017

Bizzy Bec's DT Gilded Watercolour Distress Ink

Hi there friends! Another learning curve today, with my DT post for Bizzy Bec's Online craft store. I saw this tissue watercolour method over at Loll's blog (see here) with crumpled and embossed highlights. Wow, is it fun!!
Here's a wee peek.
First of all, use some ordinary tissue paper, mine was bit imperfect, second hand, from a present received who knows when. 😉
1. Select inks ( you can use most sort, but water-based blend best), I took some Distress Inks - varying sheets made as you can see.
  (Current card used Dried Marigold, Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber, Fired Brick.) 
2. Smoosh inks randomly on blending mat (mine is a lid from takeaway). As used mini DI, didn't have blocked colours. (if using large ink pads, Loll suggests mixing colours for better blending with a spatula).
3. Then spritz inks with water, layer gently the tissue paper over the inks. Once coloured lift **carefully (it IS fragile at this stage) put on paper towel, or in my case, on junk mail!! I use it a lot in crafting, the tissue dries well on it and lifts up easily.
 This method is really effective economical watercolour, especially if learning the technique. The card I made used the next step, also.
4.  For this, scrunch up the dried tissue paper then with wet glue, I used tacky, glue it to some card, as attaching press to emphasize the raised areas of scrunching. Allow to dry.
 
5. Use on finished sheet the embossing anti static pad - used my home made one here. Cover well, then smooth (lightly and evenly) over Versamark ink pad to catch crinkle highlights. Sprinkle Stampendous Gold detail EP. Remove any Embossing powder where you dont want it with fine brush, before heat setting. 
Attach to card base.
 6. Next comes Die cutting.
Used Sue Wilson Thank You Die
and  Spellbinders Dies - used is Heirloom Legacy 5" x 7" die ( I bought it from Bec so maybe ordered from Bec, upon request).
To layer Die cuts and to see how to do this easily, see this post here.
Here is completed card, assembled.. I edged the bottom deckle edge of the card with some gold embossing powder too. 
Love this technique will be revisiting it!! Hope you enjoy it too.
 Now don't forget to pop over  HERE at Bizzy Bec's and check out the other DT gorgeous creations, and please do join in the ANYTHING GOES July CHALLENGE - to win that prize.
Pop by Bec's store, too, for her great bargain prices
.
 
 
 
Thanks so much every one for popping over for a peek and chat! 
May God bless your day wherever you may be
Also wish to apologise for tardiness in commenting, caught a winter lurgy floating around downunder :D
Shaz in Oz.x

O give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good: because His mercy endureth for ever.
Psalm 118:1
Linking up to:
1. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com.au/ 
4. CAS July Watercolour Tissue Challenge (mm - der! just realised this card is NOT CAS... sigh, ah well!)

25 comments:

Di said...

Totally gorgeous dear Shaz! Clever you! Back is loads better the past few days so I sense that you're being heard! Love, Di xx

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Shaz, your background is amazing! I've seen this technique on several blogs lately, I must give it a try soon. xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Shaz, the background is gorgeous love the gold !
Hugs, Kaz x

Berina RGA said...

Wow!! This is stunning Shaz! I love this technique! I should try it!

loz said...

WOW!! Stunning card and technique Shaz. I really must give this A try...Loz

Denise Bryant said...

Love the tissue paper background you created! I have done this before but not with the embossing part of the technique! Love the effect!

Betsy said...

This card is beautiful Shaz. The work you put into each card is amazing to me. I received the beautiful card you made for me and am absolutely stunned by the beauty of it. Seeing them online is one thing, but touching them is so much more. Thank you from the bottom of my heart my dear Sister. I hope you are also feeling better and am keeping you in my prayers also.
Blessings,
Betsy

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Shaz :-) I love how you made the background, the pink is so pretty with the gold embossing, the whole design is stunning! :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Di said...

Delighted to see you linked into the Playground Shaz! And, the back is still behaving - doing a careful happy dance here :) x

Cara said...

This is fabulous and thank you so much for the step by step. Must have a go at this. Have a lovely weekend x

Craftychris said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Really cool tissue background, fab technique, and the lovely die cuts set it off beautifully! I hope you feel better now and are over the lurgy! xxx

Marilyn Mathis said...

Love it! I will have to try this. Blessings.

Claire said...

What a smashing and effective technique, the finished card is beautiful with the added gold on the tissue paper x

Megan J said...

Hi Shaz, a gorgeous card love the tutorial and will have to give it a try, hope you are feeling better, I've had a lurgy too, which I must have caught in the big smoke, just getting over the last of it. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Shaz - love the tissue technique - I have tried it using brushos, which results in really strong colours. The gold die cuts over the gold embossing are beautiful.
I bought some CCD's the other day and they only took 15 days to arrive - still waiting on the stamps ordered at the same time :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Janet Christensen said...

Oooohhhhh Once again you've done it--I am inspired! I am in awe. I am wishing I could go do this NOW but it will have to wait until this afternoon. Thanks for sharing and teaching.

AlisonC said...

I've seen the video too and can't wait to have a go. Your card looks fabulous.

Anne said...

This is a gorgeous card and the background is amazing! Bravo mon amie! Get well soon....PLEASE! xxx

Pia S said...

Your background looks like exclusive fabric. It looked beautiful before adding EP, but the gold certainly adds an extra wow factor! Often learning new things to try over here:)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Wow, wow, WOW! I'm pretty sure that tissue paper has never looked that fabulous before! That is such a great technique and I never would've thought to emboss the wrinkles with metallic touches. This is utterly inspiring and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my how totally Gorgeous is that, I so love the colors you used for your background and the gold against it is just perfection!!
Such Beautiful work!! I have got to try this!!
Hope you feel much better soon!

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Shaz, a beautiful background and gorgeous die cut details - absolutely stunning.
Pauline
Crafting with Cotnob
x

LilArtsyWoman said...

Great technique and this is gorgeous.

Neet said...

Was thinking of you this morning and wondering if all was well with you (missing in action LOL so did a trawl through the past WOYWW's and had to go to the doctors - just got back and now off to acupuncturist but so pleased to see you posting.
Such a lovely technique too. Love the results and the die cut image on top is just perfect.
Hugs and Blessings to you
Neet xx

Barb said...

An absolutely stunning card Shaz. The background looks amazing. I really must try this great technique. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...